Caught by the faeries...

faunabay

**ROFLMAO**
(said by the faeries!)

Mallika

Well this is as good a thread as any to make my first post. *grin*

I was snooping around Amazon.com a while back when I came across the Faeries Oracle, and I knew at first glance that I had to have it, too. I ordered it from my local bookstore, since I live in Thailand and the bookstore doesn't charge any horrendous shipping costs (*pointed look at Amazon*).

I've had the oracle for a while, and I've always felt a huge connection with it -- something I've never felt with Tarot decks. Tarot decks, frankly, scare me on some level. I look at them and keep thinking "Oh my god! How am I supposed to remember them all!" And then there's the fact that I'm not really comfortable using them in the ways/methods they're used; I like going more by feel and intuition. I even created my own spread, but never used the Tarot deck I have (the Crystal Tarot) with it. In fact, I don't touch the deck at all.

About the Faeries -- they'd always been in the back of my mind whenever I looked at the box on my shelf. I've had them for a while but haven't done much; I guess they got impatient and wanted me to get to know them, so I got sent all over the web to find sites on Tarots and Oracles, because of a sudden desire to do so. It was such a sudden urge! One minute I was reading up some journal entries and then BOOM.

I'm *so* glad I checked the forums, and looked into this one. I feel so excited, and I can actually feel the faeries grinning at me too!

Jewel

Mallika said:
About the Faeries -- they'd always been in the back of my mind whenever I looked at the box on my shelf. I've had them for a while but haven't done much; I guess they got impatient and wanted me to get to know them, so I got sent all over the web to find sites on Tarots and Oracles, because of a sudden desire to do so. It was such a sudden urge! One minute I was reading up some journal entries and then BOOM.

I'm *so* glad I checked the forums, and looked into this one. I feel so excited, and I can actually feel the faeries grinning at me too!

Hi Mallika, you are incredibly lucky they did not bounce the box right off that shelf and onto your head *LOL* ~faeries giggling~. We are really glad you found us too.

Unlike you, I have traditionally been a Tarot person, not an oracle person. But the Faeries Oracle is just incredibly special. They are VERY different from Tarot. But beware ~chuckles~ being a part of these forums will probably getting you sucked into tarot too ~evil grin as she points the way to Talking Tarot and Tarot Deck Forums~

Again, welcome to the group and please do make yourself at home here with us.

Alissa

Mallika, I couldn't agree with Jewel more! The Faes are the only oracle deck I own, but they are unique and different from Tarot, although I love that too. :D

Hope to hear more about what your Faes are doing for you!

zander770

'k

Alissa said:
Mallika, I couldn't agree with Jewel more! The Faes are the only oracle deck I own, but they are unique and different from Tarot, although I love that too. :

i am "on the fence..." like n, i have never "dealt w/ oracles," before. my thought? i like the "art" of the faries RING oracles, "better."

like i mentioned: "on the fence..."

yeats:

"why SHOULD I BLAME HER that she filled my days w/misery . . .

"some have said that you took the verses that might have moved her ... but, now ... we'll out. the world lives as long ago ..."

Sea Sprite

Hi TarotLady,

So, have you used the deck yet? Do you like it? Would you recommend others to buy it? :)

wavebreaker

Sea Sprite said:
So, have you used the deck yet? Do you like it? Would you recommend others to buy it? :)
Yes (but just for a bit, no time just yet...), YES, yes! :D