The Faeries' Oracle (Froud) - Least Favorite Card

mooncat2

I don't find the Rarr scary - he just makes me feel tired - all that energy bouncing around all over the place. A ball of fire was how I first described him. I always seem to focus on his drooping wings - maybe he's telling me I'm lazy and need to get my butt off the chair!!!

Jimilyn

Jewel,

Ever since selecting the Soul Shrinker as my least favorite card, I keep running across articles, speakers, books, tapes, etc. about our thoughts and words and what we can create or mar with them. Every time I turn around, there's that little SS doing his job on me. :p I am now more convinced than ever, that I need his presence to help me manifest and exhibit the type of speech I want to be mine naturally. :) I'm so very thankful to him and how hard he's working for me and with me at this time.

What a special collage that sounds like it will be. :) I'll bet he's pleased as punch.

Jimilyn

Kaz

61 - G. Hobyah

the emotional atmosphere is intense and disturbing, frightening even.
the physical manifestation of this card is one of chaotic fright and terror.
the mental characteristics i see in the card are a complexity of fears and dis-ease, those are your own ghosts.
the spiritual characteristics are non-existent, as illusionary fears block any spiritual work.
the most appealing about this card is the articity (sp?) it has been done with, the colors, lines and shapes support the idea of illusionary fears and dis-ease in a great way.
the most uncomfortable about the card are the poisonous green eyes which stare at you.
this one is about the dark ghosts in your own mind, your (illusionairy) fears.

kaz

Sorceress_Jade

Soul Shrinker

Most uncomfortable card – The Soul Shrinker

1) This card is stark. There is very little to it, including his features. The only things that really stand out are the one eye, and his crooked teeth. I can see his nose, very small and unobtrusive, and his cheek, but they are matted. There is no background. It is a side view. He truly seems to look straight into the soul. That one, black eye. It’s almost a pit full of the knowledge that he’s gained, sucked out, by peering into the eyes of others.

2) This is the psychologist. The Shrink, no less. He is the one who knows you, knows who you are and how you will react, knows the foul thoughts that you have, and what you love, what you yearn for, simply by observing you. He knows you by your gestures, how you cary yourself, the look in your eye. This is the streetwise gangster. The man who can assess a person, a situation, in a split second. Who has gained the talent simply to survive, and wouldn’t think twice about sacrificing you for himself in any way necessary.

3) The only outward symbols here are the eye and the teeth. The eye is incredibly expressive, and says all of the above to me. The teeth are a little more interesting than simply teeth if you think about it. This is where his real ugliness comes in. Whether he is the good guy, or the bad guy, the fact that he knows all of these things about people has twisted his perception. It has tainted him, mostly his heart, and these teeth are that manifestation for us to see. I think also the lack of details is a symbol in itself. There is little to draw you away from the raw feeling that you get. It creeps me out, but I see it’s purpose clearly.

4) Spiritually, damn there’s so much to this card. For me, it’s telling me what I already know. Its looking into me, the same way I look into myself, the same way my perceptive friends do. This is the knower, the seer of feelings, reasonings, subconscious. This is all of the depression, pain, and self created mental problems. This is the healing of one’s self. The looking at the problem, instead of ignoring it. This is the gaining of knowledge and tools to help oneself through future issues, and to help others. This is shrinking the ego, shrinking the pain, learning, knowing.

5) I actually LIKE the eye. It’s scary, yet it’s comforting. In part, it has that ‘wise old man’ feel. He knows.

6) When I look at the Soul Shrinker, I see people that I have known, and I see my own psyche. He is them, each on individually and every time I look at it he becomes them, though they all look so different, tho my own ego/id don’t have a physical manifestation, he looks like them.

I don’t hate this card; it’s not my least favorite. But it makes me the most uncomfortable out of any. It’s the most striking, aside from the Green Lady. It’s a very powerful card, and I wish I had someway to carry the two around with me or something.

p.s. About the Rarr- anyone remember the Golden Snitch from Harry Potter? That's all I have to say about that. :p

Temperance413

My least favorite card is the Lady of the Harvest

She just makes me feel leered at. The other fearies in the card are all sneering and kind of mean. The one off to the right is very sad and the only thing I see is complete unhappiness in this card.
The Lady herself looks to me like she has been wronged in some way kinda drugged by unhappiness.

Chana

I agree Temperance

Hi,

Even though I havent posted my least fave. yet The Lady of the Harvest did make me uncomfortable I think that she herself is lovely and yes she does look intoxicated but that's not what was disturbing me, it was the atmosphere ........rotting fruit, leering faeries I wasn't sure what exactly to make of it......

Chana

Chana

I agree Temperance

Hi,

Even though I havent posted my least fave. yet The Lady of the Harvest did make me uncomfortable I think that she herself is lovely and yes she does look intoxicated but that's not what was disturbing me, it was the atmosphere ........rotting fruit, leering faeries I wasn't sure what exactly to make of it......

Chana

Jewel

Jimilyn said:
What a special collage that sounds like it will be. :) I'll bet he's pleased as punch.
Jimilyn

Hi Jimilyn, I still owe him his collage :( ... well he gave me permission to postpone it because I needed to do some things that would benefit other people as well as myself. But I need to do it soon. I am just going to let him guide and teach me. I have become very very fond of him :). When he is around you know it!

SherryZoned

The Maiden

I chose the maiden...I had a tough time choose between the maiden and the fairy guide...

My first thought was the maiden is just to YOUNG!

I see the innocence and the simple pleasures..she just seems to young to deal with some of the simple pleasures..That is really about it......

Kirali

Least Fav

My Least favorite card is G. Hobyah

1. The emotional atmosphere is evil lurking, watching you.

2. The physical manifestation is someone creating drama, fears, paranoia.

3. The mental characteristics are creating anguish, anxiety and pain. Someone who maybe gossips or manipulates people.

4. Spiritual: evil, a manipulative sadist.

5. Most appealing, uh he's green eyes are slightly crossed which I hope is playful instead of how I perceive him as evil.

6. Most unappealing: the spikes on his wrists, they look like he'd slash at you and make you bleed.

7. My feet went numb and tingled in a bad way when I wrote about this card... Of course my legs were crossed and I was leaning forward, but still! hehe

--Kirali