The let the deck tell you what it wants to spread

cozmo0_4

Do you then read all the cards as questions relating to their turned position, or just the last card ?

earthair

Do you then read all the cards as questions relating to their turned position, or just the last card ?

You read them all in the context of their positions, as answers to the question which is asked by card 0. So in this example the 2 Swords is the question, and the 3cups, Death and 8Pents will, together, answer that question.

cozmo0_4

Damned that's good. As soon as I read that, I looked at the question and it all clicked.
Great spread. Thank you so much from the gal who says "every days a school day ".

Cyberbuddha

I randomly chose to turn over cards at position 3 ... at position 6 ... and at position 9
The first question in my mind while reading this spread for the first time was: "It's really a random choice which card to turn over? After a while, I'll probably know well where's the Death, the Lovers or any other card so I can choose, also without thinking, which one to turn over based on the type of question I've found in the 0 position".

How to face this kind of problem?
Maybe turning over n cards starting from n, then count n cards skipping the turned ones?

So say you turn over 8 of Swords. You then read the card in the 8th position, then card in 16th, then card in 3rd (because at the end you start counting from the beginning), then card in the 12th position (because you skip the 8th position you read before) and so on... Do you think it's a good way of reading? I know that in the Tarot's world what is good for you is... simply good, but I'd like your 2 cent about it :)
C.

earthair

In the first post on this thread, I described several different ways of picking the prescribed amount of cards to turn over. Some were random, some enable the experienced reader to head straight for the card positions which they think will give the most relevant answers, and 3 of the methods mean the cards turned are decided by the deck itself, using numbers or another set of majors. Something for all occasions. People will pick the right way for them. Last night I even tried GD OOTK style counting with Thoth :livelong:

Victoria's Finest

I'll lay out a spread, take a piccy and be right back...

So this is a pic of a completed example spread, The question was 2 Swords. Then from the undealt pile I turned over a 3 wands which told me I'd get the answer in 3 cards, and because I like to feel my way, I randomly chose to turn over cards at position 3 The Empress, where I drew 3 cups... at position 6 The Lovers I drew Death, and at position 9 The Hermit I drew 8 Pentacles.

Thanks so much for this visual! That really helped me click this together in my head. Can't wait to try this spread :grin: .

Tanga

Thank you earthair!
I love this idea and will be experimenting with it forthwith :)
Perfect.

foolonajourney

Love this! I'm experimenting with using the Lenormand style of reading with Tarot cards too! Love to here more if you get any new ideas!