A Collective Of Pixies

September Pixie

I drew this card today as one I needed to focus on... when I quickly went to look at what the card means in the book.. I was shouted at! "Hey! Why are you looking in the BOOK!? Why not just ask ME?!" So I gave in and listened as they told me that I needed to learn to lean on others at times and be trustful of their help... when I began to look at the book again.. they quickly screamed "UH! I am NOT finished yet!" so back to being an obedient listener I was... It seems they are screaming at me to be involved in team work.. to be a better partner.. and learn to trust and rely on others... trust the partnerships I am already in.. and kind of "go with the flow"..

What do they mean to you? :)

dolphinprincess

This card tells me:

don't sweat the small stuff. you can't control all the outcomes. throw your hands up.. let it be.. and just DANCE and have FUN. Go with the flow and enjoy it.....

Jewel

dolphinprincess said:
This card tells me:

don't sweat the small stuff. you can't control all the outcomes. throw your hands up.. let it be.. and just DANCE and have FUN. Go with the flow and enjoy it.....

Ditto ... that is how I see it too. I have pretty much translated that to the big stuff as well. As long is you maintain a positive attitude, and do not focus on the problem you will always find a solution. As they say ... and that too shall pass ... so make the best of it, don't loose your sense of humor, go with the flow, and remember you are not alone, and you are probably not the only person that has happened to.

Aura Wolf

I agree with what's been said. I also see it as "you've got to love what you do" ;)

sagitarian

Wow! really, i'm surprised to see what others have posted about this card! These fae mean something TOTALLY different to me, but i can also understand the interpretations spoken of so far. Not sure if others will "see" the message that i get form them but here it goes.

At first, when i first got this deck, this was almost my least favorite card. The one thing that "saved" it from being so is due to the little tiny "baby", and i couldn't commit a baby to being a worst faery. In any case, with that said, this card used to represent children to me. However, this card scares me b/c they look like "aliens", and i'm PETRIFIED of Aliens. To me, this card (used to) means, children who are abused, neglected, or something "wrong" with them in any case. One reading i did on a friend, this card came up and I knew what had happend to his child by a sitter. I told him what i saw in the card, and he starred hard back at me and said "no (bleeping) way you could've known that! Only the doctor, me and the guy who did it knows". It was a horrible thing to see in the cards, but it was there.

More as of late, this card signifies "being in the dark", sort of like, misery loves company, and in order to "get out" you have to climb up the ladder, do what your told, "go with the flow" (yes) but, it has a darker edge to it. More like, a person who decides to recover from alcohol, Or a person who HATES their job, and is striving to find something better, being "forced" to go with the flow in order to get out of the gloomy darkness before Gloominous doom finds you alone.

What a wonderful posting! Thank you!

Alissa

My interpretation varies radically as well....

I love this card! I remember dancing with this card when I first go the deck, those pixies know how to jam!

To me, this card is a lot like looking at people at a rave. They're all grooving, doing their own thing, in their heads and bodies, and moving in a collective, one massive group made of these individuals all doin their own thing.

It reminds me (right now) of Major Tom's signature quote about "We're all free to do whatever we want, isn't that a great way to run a Universe?"

When I see these guys, I usually feel ... hmmm what are the wrods. When you go to a party, and you're alone, but you're ok with it. Alone in a crowd, but part of the crowd. Others supporting you, but you're still, ultimately, on your own.

(Your interpretation spooks me, sag! It reminds me of the time I was palm reading and I burst into tears for one woman, when I was rocked by the sexual abuse pain I uncovered there. She was stony silent and just nodded to signal I was correct, and to move on with the reading... hard stuff to see.)

Jewel

Alissa said:
To me, this card is a lot like looking at people at a rave. They're all grooving, doing their own thing, in their heads and bodies, and moving in a collective, one massive group made of these individuals all doin their own thing.

When I see these guys, I usually feel ... hmmm what are the wrods. When you go to a party, and you're alone, but you're ok with it. Alone in a crowd, but part of the crowd. Others supporting you, but you're still, ultimately, on your own.

I see this too Alissa. Makes a lot of sense.

As for Sag's interpretation, I think it is important to remember that faeries are not good or bad, it is not in their nature to fit into those categories. All faeries have light and dark aspects, and what Sag sees can very well be the darker side of the collective. If you also think of how often people are aware when abuse is going on and act like it isn't it can make a lot of sense to see this darker side.

This has been a great discussion so far. I look forward to seeing more posts on it.

Alissa

Jewel said:
All faeries have light and dark aspects, and what Sag sees can very well be the darker side of the collective. If you also think of how often people are aware when abuse is going on and act like it isn't it can make a lot of sense to see this darker side.
Boy howdy, you hit the nail on the head, Jewel. I can see this as well, even though my Faeries haven't presented this message quite this way, but yes.

There are collectives, and there are collectives. Perhaps this card also questions the querent to examine the "Crowd" their running with, the influences of those around you and how they color your own choices and decisions. "Do you really feel comfortable with identity with this crowd, are they helping you or hindering you on your path," that sort of thing....

Jewel

Alissa I think that is right on. In working with my faeries I have not encountered the darker aspect of the collective of pixies, either, but I think that as we explore this card we are definetly uncovering the layers of meaning.

Study groups are a wonderful thing.

jema

Notes from my Faeries Journal

Teamplayers, working together, play. (alien)
I might not know what their goal is or why they do what they do but I don't have to know every detail, they are on a mission and they do it together and they have great fun doing itI am invited to join the dance.

After reading in the book:
What is my joyfull duty today?
Who can I work together with to make my day more fun?

I am always amazed over just how much the faeiries tell you from just their picture. I always feel like "i can't possibly know what this card means" and then I do it anyway, sit down with card infront of me and pen and paper in hand and write down what they tell me about themselves and how I can work with them.