Lover's Path Tarot update

SunChariot

Thanks for the answer and for getting back to me so quickly Kris. :)

It's absolutely my pleasure to support your work. Your artwork is truly stunning. I know the deck will be a total pleasure to use.

BTW I am not finished supporting your work yet. :) My next deck will be the Goddess Tarot. We do a gift exchange at work for the holidays and I am going to ask for that one from my secret Santa. :)

Well the holidays are only about a month away after all, so if we don't speak again have a wonderful holiday season!

Bar

rosesred

The deck looks absolutely stunning, you're a great crafts(wo)man! I don't know how it would work for me, since I haven't seen all of the cards yet, but the execution is wonderful

artandwords

Thanks!

I appreciate your praise, and am even blushing a bit. :) All the cards are on the site, under the art link. They're also up on the oracle, but it's more difficult to systematically view all of the cards there.

BTW, I just got the first proofs for the limited edition card, and they're looking wonderful. I'm using the same US-based press who did the art separations for the deck. My oil paintings usually don't reproduce accurately, but this printer did a wonderful job. So I'm pleased.

Cerulean

This is wonderful news. Question on your novel...

which is alluded to as a separate book? Is it a graphic novel with color pictures and a separate publication?

Regards,

Cerulean

artandwords

Yes, it's a totally separate book. . . .

But it's not a graphic novel. It's a novel with illustrations and interactive elements -- my literary agent describes it as a cross between Griffin and Sabine and Memoirs of a Geisha. Only it's set in sixteenth century Italy. It is entitled The Lover's Path.

I'm finishing The Lover's Path up right now (two weeks to my deadline!), and it will be published by Harry Abrams Books in fall 2005. It has some connection to the LPT, in that it also uses classic love stories as a framing device. Abrams will also be publishing related products, such as a 2006 calendar, blank journals, and notecard sets. They've been a delight to deal with, and are very supportive of the project.

Love the Rossetti quote -- I'm a huge Rossetti fan, especially of his early watercolors.

Cerulean

Thank you for the lovely news...

I'm eagerly awaiting the beautiful limited edition and enjoyed the links and packaging shown on your website.

I'll also keep tabs on your site for news of the upcoming book and related treats--thanks again. Glorious 'art-and-words' works really help warm up the time for relaxation. Many of my friends and tarotists that I know seem saddened by other news they hear--but they are delighted when they can still find out about decks and books with wonderful images and writing and independent creativity...gives us some cheer, if you know what I mean.

Cheers,

Cerulean

yupkigirl

artandwords said:
But it's not a graphic novel. It's a novel with illustrations and interactive elements -- my literary agent describes it as a cross between Griffin and Sabine and Memoirs of a Geisha. Only it's set in sixteenth century Italy. It is entitled The Lover's Path.

I love both Griffin and Sabine, and Memoirs of a Geisha! I am so going to get this deck! Your work is just so lovely---both the deck and the website. Please add me to your long list of admirers! And I am so honored to meet you here *bows*

artandwords

Cerulean said:
Many of my friends and tarotists that I know seem saddened by other news they hear--but they are delighted when they can still find out about decks and books with wonderful images and writing and independent creativity...gives us some cheer, if you know what I mean.

I do know what you mean. These are heartbreaking times we live in. The only way I can deal with it is by immersing myself in work and the things which inspire me and bring beauty.

artandwords

The latest....

A quick post to say that the Lover's Path Tarot sets arrived at US Games from Hong Kong the past week. Accordingly, all of the pre-orders for The Lover's Path Tarot have been sent out via Priority Mail; they should arrive domestically by the end of this week, early next week for international. :)

I'm so excited to finally have the sets out and about in the world!!!!

BTW, there's still some limited edition sets available. I've only about five left to send from this round of production; they're a bit labor intensive to put together, between coordinating all the custom-produced and signed components, re-shrinkwrapping the set box, etc. But I'll be putting together more of the limited edition sets in mid-January, after I return from the holidays and a much overdue vacation. It'll be my husband and my last trip before our daughter arrives in April. (I'm six month's pregnant with our first child.)

Cerulean

Congradulations and thank you for the updates!

I read your updates, got the email, and was impressed that you assembled the limited edition so quickly, with all the goodies included.

I believe that I will get it before winter snow country trip to relatives...and even before my other U.S. Game deck pre-orders....

Congradulations, Many Thank-Yous and Merry Holidays!

Cerulean