Nisaba's Timing Method

nisaba

Im just not sure about the fire being days... hmm Im just not sure it would be faster than wind , I dont know...
The heat of hte sun (Fire) is the energy-force that powers all wind everywhere, even in polar regions. Much faster than the slower stuff (Air) that pushes it around. Basic science.

anyway this is a one card thing, right?
Yep.

Seaberry86

I did a timing spread and pulled one card. I pulled the Devil. I've read that this represents Saturday, is this true?

faithnlight

Thanks Nisaba that sounds great:)...(but the only other deck i have is Egyptian which i have not done reading with as YET...wondering if that would be apropriate for timing? I do DO readings with normal playing cards at times....Iam guessing should be okay if I use another set of playing cards if egytian cannot be used?)
I guess i so needed this...i have to say the very many times I have tried 'timining' i have consistently failed :-( that discouraged me to try it ever again...ever since I started doing timing withthe checking sets of circumstances around...as to when is 'so and so' likely to happen....and that has pretty much worked for me so far....(Is that what you have mentioned pertaining to the major arcana cards? I mean the same principle? as in 'around' what the cards stands for?) also in my readings i have noticed...yello-orangish cards..summer...bluish-purble to blackish--winters....havent noticed any specifics for spring but picked solely on the basis of intuition (even when i dont MEAN to do timing...it just reflects which has apparently bene true)
Also I wanted to ask you where you mentioned the court cards... 'time unit' was mentioned...does that mean we need to pick yet another card to see day? week?month? or year? so if it was page...followed by wands...would that be 11 days? is that how it works?
page-11
knight-12
queen-13
king-14

what you have suggested sounds so exciting ;-) Iam gonna give it a go....still a bit unclear about the court cards though...

love n light
Tanu

Girl Archer

I did a timing spread and pulled one card. I pulled the Devil. I've read that this represents Saturday, is this true?

Wow, is true that there are specific days even, allotted to various Majors? :) But what about decks where Strength/Justice are interchanged? Like the 8th is actually the 11th and vice-versa? What do you make of that, wrt timing? Also, if I got Strength as the Timing card, should I interpret it as I need to be resilient and work on my issues and keep going till I master it?

How about instant intuition? Like I drew the Queen of Swords for this guy in a soul mate spread, and according to this method, it has to be 13 weeks right? But something told me "this winter, he would most probably encounter his Queen of Swords" Which one to go with, then? Intuition or Instruction? :confused:

Also, can the Halloween Deck be used for Timings? I don't use it much for regular readings, but at the same time, it has totally different imagery, so would that work just as well as unillustrated ones?

Girl Archer

Also, when I read for another friend, he asked me about his potential to be successful in the future and I got a seven of pentacles, which I interpreted as being full of promise but that he would have to work for it and may have to wait a bit. But Nisaba, does this mean that he may not be successful till 7 years? :O

Also every time, I ever ask about my own prospective job, I get ten of pentacles. That can't possibly mean Id be unemployed till 10 years, right? :(

nisaba

Also, when I read for another friend, he asked me about his potential to be successful in the future and I got a seven of pentacles, which I interpreted as being full of promise but that he would have to work for it and may have to wait a bit. But Nisaba, does this mean that he may not be successful till 7 years? :O
You weren't asking about timing - you were asking about his future success. The Seven Pentacles would tell me that he needs to be more disciplined and harder-working if he wants to be successful in the future - at the moment I suspect he might be lazy, or at least inclined to take the easy way out, based on that card.

Also every time, I ever ask about my own prospective job, I get ten of pentacles. That can't possibly mean Id be unemployed till 10 years, right? :(
Keep looking. I don't know what your local economy is like, but it may be that you have crappy, temporary jobs for a while, and it'll be about ten years before you find something you love or that will last long-term for you.

nisaba

<wince> To an anti-semite, perhaps. It's the Holy Day of the Jews.

Girl Archer

You weren't asking about timing - you were asking about his future success. The Seven Pentacles would tell me that he needs to be more disciplined and harder-working if he wants to be successful in the future - at the moment I suspect he might be lazy, or at least inclined to take the easy way out, based on that card.

Keep looking. I don't know what your local economy is like, but it may be that you have crappy, temporary jobs for a while, and it'll be about ten years before you find something you love or that will last long-term for you.

Ah, that was quite insightful. Many thanks Nisaba. You were right. He had not worded his question correctly, so I guess that card might have been misleading. As for myself, I guess, I should go a little more specific than just thinking of being employed and expecting answers to show up.

PulchraElectri

I'm a little confused

I'm still a little confused on why another deck is needed just for timing. And why can't a deck that has been used for readings be used for timing? I love my gilded tarot and am very attached to it. I don't really want to use another deck because I have such a strong connection with my gilded deck. Can someone please explain?

dawntarot

This method looks great! I've always been completely clueless as to timing so I'll definitely give it a go sometime :)