Situations that can't be read

RainatDayBreak

Do you ever feel that there are certain situations that you just can't read? That is, every time you ask a question relating to a certain situation, your reading just doesn't make sense, or two readings asking different questions about the same situation or person will yield conflicting answers?

It's as if the cards are trying to tell you: Don't ask questions about this situation.

Does this ever happen to anyone, or do I just think it's happening to me because I'm a new/unskilled reader?

dawning_tarot

i think everyone has that happen. first step make sure the question is worded correctly. second do a reading asking why you can't get an accurate answer on this subject. could be as simple as you're not ready to hear the answer.

Onaorkal

I've never heard or seen about situations that couldn't be read about, but most readers will tell you that it's not recommended to read about the same situation many times within a short period.

Also some people have a hard time reading for themselves or they can't do it at all when the question deals with an emotional situation.

headincloud

Conflicting answers could be due to a changing mind set of the practitioner, when we change our mind about something the cards reflect the likely outcome. Could also be reading skills and lack of self awareness, try posting some readings for help.

feminine_mystique

When the high priestess and the moon are both present then yes. She is the keeper of secrets and highly intuitive and the moon for me is a card about the dark, secrets, illusions and trusting yourself more than anything.

I once asked about a couple and whether or not they would have a baby and these cards appeared together around 2 times. It was annoying because i didn't know what it meant. And i kept getting "i dont know" "i dont know" over and over then i realised the cards were actually telling me "i don't know" 😂😂

Tarot is funny like that.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Barleywine

When the high priestess and the moon are both present then yes. She is the keeper of secrets and highly intuitive and the moon for me is a card about the dark, secrets, illusions and trusting yourself more than anything.

I once asked about a couple and whether or not they would have a baby and these cards appeared together around 2 times. It was annoying because i didn't know what it meant. And i kept getting "i dont know" "i dont know" over and over then i realised the cards were actually telling me "i don't know" ����

Tarot is funny like that.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I agree with the High Priestess as an indication that something about the situation can't or shouldn't be known at the time. It carries the rather lofty implication "You are not worthy!" But I had a very interesting experience with it yesterday.

My client was after insight about whether she should take on an entirely new entrepreneurial career path. I use a spread that has two axes: one is a developmental flow ("Where you are now, "Where you're headed" and "What may happen along the way") and the other is a "personal orientation" perspective on the matter, Mind/Heart/Body or mental/emotional/physical stuff. For the "Mind" card she got the Star, which perfectly captured her vision and hopes. Since I had time, I went into an optional step that involves using what I cal "sub-quint" cards to show elements of "Spirit" (mainly intuitive aspects of the client's outlook) as an outgrowth of the "Mind/Heart/Body" axis, and "Aspiration" as an "applied" extension of the "Where I Am Now/What I Feel/What I Want" progression" and its focus on "desires."

The High Priestess rx came up in the "Spirit" position, and the Magician appeared in the "Aspiration" position. Rather than saying the higher implications of the situation were unknowable at this time, I got the notion that the reversal put the HP into "disseminating" rather than "withholding" mode. It reminded me of a funnel pouring subtle insights into the Magician's ear below. My client said she had been pondering whether she has the talent, skill and willpower to pull it off, and I told her this combination looked like advice to listen to her intuition and take inspiration from it. Even more interesting, the progression of cards was "High Priestess/Ace of Cups rx/ Magician" with the Ace of Cups in the "Turning Point" position, and I told her emotional renewal would be both a challenge and an opportunity on the alternative path she was looking to pursue.

Ace

Maybe things are too unsettled right now to read.

I have two suggestions: if this is for YOU, get someone else to read for you.

Wait a few day or a week or more before you read again. Then see if it is still not making sense. If so, maybe you need to ask a different question. If you are asking (in different ways) about an outcome, it may simply not be settled yet and able to be seen.

barb

Alexa899

Do you ever feel that there are certain situations that you just can't read? That is, every time you ask a question relating to a certain situation, your reading just doesn't make sense, or two readings asking different questions about the same situation or person will yield conflicting answers?

It's as if the cards are trying to tell you: Don't ask questions about this situation.

Does this ever happen to anyone, or do I just think it's happening to me because I'm a new/unskilled reader?

Hi!!

I get nonsense answers when I ask about one specific guy who I beleived was the one
I can get clear and meaningful answers on pretty much everything else I ask about. Just not him - nothing - not our past, present, future or how he feels about me. It's kind of odd. The only thing I can think is that it's either cos the situation is totally out of my.control; me and him are totally in fates hands now, so they don't feel compelled to show me, OR subconsciously im so invested in the idea of a furure with this one specific person that the card literally can't cope with the emotional intensity (although on the surface I feel pretty calm and unbothered by the whole thing).

You say it may be because you're new and or unskilled. Do you generally read clearly for everything else you read about? How is this issue you're not getting any clear answers on different to the situations you do get clear answers on? X

Barleywine

I can certainly see how subconscious "static" could cloud the picture, since I believe tarot operates largely on the subconscious level. If there is turmoil going on beneath the surface, unhelpful answers or "non-answers" are likely to be what you get when reading for yourself.

Barleywine

A subset of the "can't be read" population is the "shouldn't be read" question. There is some overlap: some things that shouldn't be read probably can't be read effectively anyway. I had an interesting case yesterday. The first thing out of the client's mouth after "hello" was "Don't tell me anything really, really bad, like I'm going to die!" (It seems she reads for herself and has frequently been getting Death in her spreads). After telling her it isn't very ethical anyway, I gave her the 1-minute synopsis of the "bad guys" (those that make sitters go "Whoa!" and take two steps back) - Death, the Devil, the Tower and the Hanged Man - and how they shouldn't be seen as entirely "evil." They didn't come up in the reading anyway, although I did have to explain to her the nuances of Judgement since all she could think of was Gabriel blowing his trumpet and the dead coming out of their coffins. I love a challenge . . . :)