Sabian Symbols: An Introduction for the Inquisitive.

purple_scorp

Hi silverwings,

I've been away from ATF for a little while so I'm totally out of the loop here, and maybe one of the others could answer this better but I'm not sure that we ever had a structured "study" group as such. What I used to do, was draw a daily card and then, type my interpretation in the appropriate thread, and sometimes others would join in for discussion.

Earlier on, I created my own electronic version of each symbol in the format of a card, and I have posted them in the individual threads, which means, that I am emailed if anybody posts in any of those threads, so sometimes I join their discussions too.

I continue to work with the sabians on a daily basis, drawing a new card each day, but I stopped posting here and write in my own personal journal instead. For no particular reason, other than I just didn't have the same amount of time to come online and share. And, people seemed to move away from the sabians for one reason or another, although, I suspect that like me, these people are still very much involved with them at some level.

If you want to start posting your thoughts in some of the threads, I'm happy to rejoin discussion where I feel I am able to contribute.

with love
purple_scorp

silverwings94

Thanks purple_scorp. I am going to take your idea and draw a card a day and see what my thoughts are on them and put them in a journal. Chronata is creating for me some sabian Symbols stones so I can use them when they are finished. I don't want to use the cards cause they are not that sturdy of a card stock. I don't want to ruin them.
Thanks for the advise,
Kat

silverwings94

I just received my Sabian Stones from Chronata. They are simply awesome. There are no words that can explain how beautiful they are. She has really outdone her self this time. I will explain what they look like and hopefully be able to take a picture and post it here for all to see.
The Zodiac signs were done on blue star shaped stones, They have not only the astrological sign but also the picture of what the zodiac is. The number stones are on small black round stones and have the numbers written on them in silver and in gold.These are exquisite and something that I will never part with.
Thanks so much Chronata for creating such a exquisite treasure that I will have forever.
Kat

AJ

can you share an image? I have my stones ready to do but need to get some glass paint first.

cardlady22

'No Math' Quick References

For those who might like to try the Cross (aka Cube) or Star divisions of the 360 degrees, I'm uploading a PDF of a spreadsheet.

One way I use these is with the Sun/Birth degree to get a set of gemstones from Marina Costelloe's book, Crystal Astrology. If you use Lynda Hill's 360 Degrees of Wisdom book (or website) you'll need to make a note of the 360 numbers.

Attachments

• DegreeDiv.pdf
    20.7 KB · Views: 689

MCsea

Fantastic - this is a really useful tool !!!
thanks again
Marina

Belinda2

It seems interesting but complex, I looked on the website and they are very costly 79.00 where can I see pictues of the cards, I did not see then on the website but maybe I am missing something.
Thank you

crazy raven

Hi Belinda,

The 365 Sabian Symbols consist of key phrases and words but there are no pictures. The words in each sabian symbol are created in such a way to awaken our intuition and psychic faculties as well as the third eye. This depth of seeing allows us to access wisdom from the depts of our unconscious and from the cosmos.

I'm sure McSea (Marina) can describe this better than me :)

cardlady22

The only cards (or even stones) I've seen are easy to make up yourself.
You need 12 for the zodiac signs and 30 for the possible degrees. Choose a card from each stack & read the phrase.

Craft stores like Michaels sell plain wooden discs in at least 2 sizes that are handy. Other people paint the glass aquarium stones.

Dane Rudhyar's book talks about getting 2 decks of playing cards where the backs are 2 different colors.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2237164&postcount=11

Belinda2

crazy raven said:
Hi Belinda,

The 365 Sabian Symbols consist of key phrases and words but there are no pictures. The words in each sabian symbol are created in such a way to awaken our intuition and psychic faculties as well as the third eye. This depth of seeing allows us to access wisdom from the depts of our unconscious and from the cosmos.

I'm sure McSea (Marina) can describe this better than me :)

thank you I was thinking it was something else got confused 'but it sounds interesting.