Maori Tattoo Tarot

Lee

I'm moving this to the Tarot Decks section as it is complete and for sale.

Lee, Tarot Deck Creation Moderator

nisaba

Before I clicked on the link, I had imagined 78 cards done in traditional Maori tribal tattoo art. I wasn't thinking, Maori bodies in cards with a more modern, international style. I like the idea of the cards being backed on skin-tones as if they were tattoos - but most of the Maoris I know personally are a lot darker than this (or perhaps just tanned, outdoorsy people). I am a little nonplussed by the art that I actually found on the link, but I'll probably end up buying it anyway. I have eclectic tastes. :)

I've facebooked the link to a Maori friend I know who wholeheartedly lives a traditional Maori spirituality - I'll be fascinated to hear his reaction.

Whatever it will be, though, my finger is hovering dangerously close to my nemesis, that darn "buy now" button. :)

DownUnderNZer

I bought two before my trip to NZ last year.

Some of the work is based on Maori legends like Pania. I like many of the cards - not all.

It is a clone of the RW pretty much.

DND :)

Before I clicked on the link, I had imagined 78 cards done in traditional Maori tribal tattoo art. I wasn't thinking, Maori bodies in cards with a more modern, international style. I like the idea of the cards being backed on skin-tones as if they were tattoos - but most of the Maoris I know personally are a lot darker than this (or perhaps just tanned, outdoorsy people). I am a little nonplussed by the art that I actually found on the link, but I'll probably end up buying it anyway. I have eclectic tastes. :)

I've facebooked the link to a Maori friend I know who wholeheartedly lives a traditional Maori spirituality - I'll be fascinated to hear his reaction.

Whatever it will be, though, my finger is hovering dangerously close to my nemesis, that darn "buy now" button. :)

I have the deck and I love it! I love the natural nudity in it, nothing erotic like the Sexual Mastery just lovely men and women. Beautiful deck, thank you!

The Happy Squirrel

I am wishing that the cards depict just the tattoos for some reason. They are complex enough to tell stories about and made an oracle of. But that is just me :)

nisaba

Yeah, well.

I managed to womanfully avoid the "buy now" button on-line, but my nemesis proved to be a friend who runs a pop-up mystical shoplette that popped up this week near me and therefore had to be visited. She had two copies there, one of which immediately dived into my handbag and made itself at home. (Sadly, my visa-card behaved itself, and paid my friend).

I've only just peeled off the shrink-wrap, haven't even been through the deck properly yet, let alone used it. I must say I love the colour-range. I'm sure I'll form further opinions as the deck and I get acquainted. :)