Mystical Lenormand Book

Aster Breo

Does anyone have the companion book to the Mystical Lenormand deck (not the LWB that comes with the deck)?

Is it worth buying? What does it cover?

Thanks!

~ Aster

P.S. I'm sorry if there are already threads about this. I tried searching, but I think it glitched.

Cacia

Miss Aster

There was a discussion in the past about the Mystical Lenormand deck, was checking and maybe you can find information there that can be of help. I do not see anything about the book but people have put links to sites where you might find some sort of help there.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=136401&highlight=Mystical+lenormand+book

Also, will move your thread this is only for games, but hope this is helpful to you.

Cacia
Lenormand moderator

Aster Breo

I'm so sorry I posted it in the wrong folder! I could have sworn I was in the right one.

I guess I'm having tapatalk issues again. Will try to keep an eye on that.

Thanks for moving this thread and for the link!

Cacia

Miss aster

Do not worry is okay we all have our days, trust me I have my quote as well hahahaha. It is a pleasure to help you if you have further questions hit me with an email

Cacia

Sibylline

Does anyone have the companion book to the Mystical Lenormand deck (not the LWB that comes with the deck)?

Is it worth buying? What does it cover?

Thanks!

~ Aster

P.S. I'm sorry if there are already threads about this. I tried searching, but I think it glitched.

Hello, Aster. I did purchase the companion book to the Mystical Lenormand recently. I actually had no idea that there was a companion book for it until I found it randomly in a shop!

I think it is worth buying because it contains far more information than the LWB--it's about 280 pages. The bulk of the book gives the interpretations for all the cards. For each card, you get:
-a full-color picture of the card
-a short little poem if you fancy that
-a description of the card image
-a paragraph or two of interpretation
-timing (as in seasonal timing)
-characteristics of the card
-characteristics if the card is representing a person
-astrological attribution
-a complete list of card pairings

You also have a few spreads in the back along with an astrological attribution chart. I'm a Lenormand noob, so this is a decent place to start. However, I suggest getting a solid book on Lenormand for more info on practice and spreads.

Hope that helps!

Aster Breo

Thanks, Sybilline!

Does the book have more info specifically about this deck?

Or is it more about general Lenormand info?

Sibylline

I would say it's a mixture of both. The introduction is basically a quick discussion of Lenormand and its history. Her interpretations of the cards and the pairings can be found in other Lenormand books. However, the "card description" is unique to the deck.

Fiechter does include a few things I haven't seen yet in other Lenormand books:

--Astrology seems to be the most unique feature about the Mystical Lenormand. The appendix contains a chart of astrological correspondences with the cards since each card does have an astrological symbol in the top right corner. However, you'd need to be up on your astrology to really make the connection.
--a discussion of the symbolism of animals and people in the cards. You probably noticed a lot of animals are in the deck alongside the main images.
--some classic spreads, but she includes her own spreads such as lone called "The Core of the Poodle"

In short, you can definitely survive without the book. But, for me, I like companion books in general, so I picked this one up without a second thought.

reall

didn't know there is a book!^^ sounds good!^^ ;))

Aster Breo

Thanks, Sybilline. That's very helpful.

I think the book will go on my "want list", but not at the top. ;-)