New Tarot Deck in the Works

EvMaeve

Hi All,

I recently started work on my first tarot deck, title TBD. I've been making art for a long time, reading tarot for a long time, and wanting to make a deck for a long time . . . I'm finally getting going now! I've got finished (potential) illustrations for the first six majors. I'd love to know what you all think. I'm hoping to crowd-fund and self-publish the deck once it's done. Just blogged images of the first 6 cards here: http://www.interrobangtarot.com/blog/deck-in-progress-the-power-players

Cheers!

RiverRunsDeep

Hi EvMaeve,

Good luck with your deck! I like how the images have a "modern"
appeal, yet reflect traditional tarot imagery as well. Will the finished
product be black and white, or will you add color?

Ace of Stars

Love it! I really like The Fool with no head and the cat on The Witch card.

Ms. Jocelyn

Love , Love, Love this deck

Hi EvMaeve,

I took a peak at the deck and I am already in love. I agree with River, the images are fresh and I love the take on the Emperor and the The Teacher!

Can't wait to see the rest of it!

:-D

reall

I LIKE!:)) one of the best B&w deck I'we seen recently!:))
you have your style n originality!:)) and im happy to see it's modern!:)) and witch lolz my faw card so far!:)) looking forward to see it completed!:)) keep up with good work!

p.s imo POD is best option! cuz it gives you the options for diferent sizes n card stock, and other prom material+ you can make it B&W n colored!:))

gregory

p.s imo POD is best option! cuz it gives you the options for diferent sizes n card stock, and other prom material+ you can make it B&W n colored!:))
What she said. Printerstudio in particular, as they have hubs all over the world which mean no silly customs charges for buyers.

I like. Good luck - I just finished mine. It took 8 years, so don't rush :D

EvMaeve

Hi EvMaeve,

Good luck with your deck! I like how the images have a "modern"
appeal, yet reflect traditional tarot imagery as well. Will the finished
product be black and white, or will you add color?

Thanks RiverRunsDeep! The finished deck will be black and white. Some of these images will be final ones pretty much as you see them now, just cleaned up, formatted, and w/out the watermarks. If I get a lot of requests for a color version, I may do that down the line. I'd want to digitally color these as not to mess up the originals, and I don't have the software to do that really well right now. (Something else to crowd-fund one of these days. . .)

EvMaeve

I LIKE!:)) one of the best B&w deck I'we seen recently!:))
you have your style n originality!:)) and im happy to see it's modern!:)) and witch lolz my faw card so far!:)) looking forward to see it completed!:)) keep up with good work!

Reall, thank you so much for the encouragement! :)

Reall, and Gregory, thanks for the printing tip. I will definitely look into that.

EvMaeve

What she said. Printerstudio in particular, as they have hubs all over the world which mean no silly customs charges for buyers.

I like. Good luck - I just finished mine. It took 8 years, so don't rush :D

Thanks! Yeah, this could take a while. :)

I'll have to check out Printerstudio. I'd love to make my work available internationally. Customs and shipping are such a headache. This sounds like a good lead.

EvMaeve

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and encouragement here so far! Stay tuned for some more images within the next couple weeks. Cheers!