How To Laminate Cards?

tarotlyn

Dancing Bear said:
Well I have been lurking in this thread , reading everyones posts for a while now.
It has inspired me to laminate a deck.
Thanks everyone!

YAY!!! :party:... you're going to love it! It IS addictive! Ha Ha

:heart: tarotlyn

strings of life

Next stop: spray laminate

I'm going to to try spray laminate; I knew it existed but had difficulties finding it earlier!

I found an extensive list of products here and am going to see what they look like, cost, etc. at Michaels tomorrow, after I return my faulty Zyron. I am drawn to the sprays since they will offer coating without the added bulk from lamination.

Stay tuned :). I'm determined, can't ya' tell?

DaughterOfDanu

Has anyone tried clear contact paper? I see it at SAMS club every time I go there and I'm tempted to get it but I'm not sure exactly how it would turn out.
I've got a few decks I really want to get laminated before I start to use them (Like my Ferret Tarot)

gregory

TreeLeafe said:
Has anyone tried clear contact paper? I see it at SAMS club every time I go there and I'm tempted to get it but I'm not sure exactly how it would turn out.
I've got a few decks I really want to get laminated before I start to use them (Like my Ferret Tarot)
Yes I have - not on Tarot cards, thank the powers that be, on postcards - and a couple of years on it has gone all nasty and yellowy, and the glue is sort of leaking gently out round the edges.

I'd say - don't !

tarotlyn

aurarcana said:
Hi tarotlyn, what is the name of the ink pads that you found that work on plastic? I found one brand on that site; is that the one?

Gilt edging outside of the laminate = perfect!

ETA: I found one: StazOn Solvent Ink Pads by Tsukineko. They are also available in Metallic: StazOn Metallic. Once you get the ink pad, you can buy refill ink too!

...so sorry sweetie...this post got mixed in between the others and I just saw
it today...

The metallic ink pads (for plastic) are on this page: (I ordered the gold one)
http://search.store.yahoo.net/yhst-...autodone=http://eclecticpaperie.com/inks.html

:heart:HUGS
tarotlyn

DaughterOfDanu

gregory said:
Yes I have - not on Tarot cards, thank the powers that be, on postcards - and a couple of years on it has gone all nasty and yellowy, and the glue is sort of leaking gently out round the edges.

I'd say - don't !

Thank you!!! You saved me some serious heartbreak!

I knew it was too good to be true ;)

gregory

Science may have advanced in two years.... Try a postcard ?

More to the point - if you are looking at the Ferrets - I NEVER laminate "real decks" - I scan, print and laminate the copies. Then I can use them without risking the originals. Like ripping CDs to use in the car, rather than risk the machine in there eating the good copes !

Hot laminators are extremely cheap these days....

DaughterOfDanu

gregory said:
Science may have advanced in two years.... Try a postcard ?

More to the point - if you are looking at the Ferrets - I NEVER laminate "real decks" - I scan, print and laminate the copies. Then I can use them without risking the originals. Like ripping CDs to use in the car, rather than risk the machine in there eating the good copes !

Hot laminators are extremely cheap these days....

I'll look into a hot laminator :) I'm not a very handy person with machinery so I'm going to have to really read some reviews. The scanned copy idea though makes me feel a lot easier about being able to mess up when using one. In the meanwhile I gotta get a decent printer- I'm convinced mine lives to see me cry.

I'll check the price about the contact paper- if its really a lot I'll probably just skip it and go straight for the laminator.

Thanks again :)

gregory

The contact paper was about $5 in a department store...

DaughterOfDanu

gregory said:
The contact paper was about $5 in a department store...
Oh wow. That's a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.
How many pages of contact paper was there?