Thread: Self Hatred
View Single Post
Citizen

tink27 
Citizen

VisionQuest

“Now in the Tarot there is a hermaphroditic figure called the diable. That would be in alchemy the gold. In other words, such an attempt as the union of opposites appears to the Christian mentality as devilish, something evil which is not allowed, something belonging to black magic.”

I may be totally out of whack here. And perhaps this has been spoken of elsewhere. Many of my friends are gay - I deeply respect them.

Yes I truly believe this. Constantine reigned in Christianity. Before Christianity the world seemed to live in religious harmony.

Homosexuality was practised in ancient Babylonian and in Egypt, the first civilized men! Among the Greeks it was a natural expression and thought to be more genuine and tender than heterosexual love. The Romans practised it too.

Some of the famous homosexuals of the world were Socrates, Plato, Sappho, Pindar, Julius Caesar, to name just a few! And what of the Italian Renaissance and the great men such as Da Vinci, and Michelangelo, Marlow and Shakespeare. And Goethe, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, the list goes on. There is very little known of our sexual history. Most ancient documents were destroyed.

Hate is generated by fear and when we are in the midst of it, we know there's an explosion coming. Do we run or face it head-on? The two greatest producers of fear are change and uncertainty.

tink
p.s. how do I put things in a quote? I'm very new at this.
Top   #19