Need a Spread

StarShine

I have a friend who recently went through kind of a weird relationship. She met this guy on the internet and they hit it off. She was convinced that this was the ONE. He flew over here from England and spent a week with her. When he left, he left many personal items because he was planning to return. When he got home, he just kind of blew her off. She was hurt, but she also learned a valuable lesson in all of this and is really fine with the break-up. The only thing that sticks in her mind is the WHY. He did not give her any reason for his complete turn around and she would like to know what changed between the airport and England. She feels like she needs this to truly put the experience in its proper place.

Okay, now the question part. She asked me to do a reading to see if I could gain any insight. She has tried, but feels that she is too close to the situation to get a clear answer. What spread would you all recommend for this. I need something that will go to the heart of the matter so that she can be at peace with all of this. Thanks for Your Help!

Mojo

I'd start off with a simple 3-card spread: head / heart / sex

Simple is always best. If that failed to give me insight, I'd do a tree of life spread.... and i'd pay attention to the #2 & #3 positions (temple chakras), #6 (heart) and #9 (solar plexus and sexuality)

Kat

I use the Florentine Minchiate for transition type concerns. I separate the Minor Arcana cards and shuffle them 7 times, then ask the client to cut the deck or tell me when to cut the deck if i'm on the phone with them. I repeat this 3 times until I have four cards which I place in a cross, going clockwise. Card one goes at the top of a cross and represents the past. Card two goes on the right representing the present. Card three goes on the bottom, representing the changes/transition. Card four on the left, representing the future. I then take the Major arcana cards and repeat the above shuffling process. These three cards go in a line, connecting the other four cards into a cross. Major card A (on the left) represents the influences on the future. Major Card B (middle) represents the influences from the past that will effect the change or transition period. It Major Card C (right) represents the current situation's influences. It's a rare and old spread, but I find it very helpful.