View Single Post
Citizen

Sophie-David 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman
I did look again and sure enough, there is a body draped across the fallen man, he looks like a lump and if seen from another perspective would form an X. He's wearing a white surcoat with a gold emblem and gold belt over his chain mail and has blonde hair in a ponytail.
Well this time I saw the second man right away, his hair seems to be blonde and he's lying face down across Arthur. Before I thought it was Arthur's body that was twisted around in an awkward way.

Quote:
What sort of looks like another dog, is a darker brown bearish looking thing just to the left of the one we can't determine if it's snarling or protecting. I've got to get out my card and really look at it again... with a magnifier.
Well, yes, that does look a bit like a dog, and I had seen that before. But the size, crude shape and position of this dog-thing is very odd, its larger than the recognizable dog, and floating above it somehow, yet it seems that it might be further away! It does add to the overall chaos and insanity of the scene though.

Quote:
One thing for certain, he's got a death grip on that sword. But Arthur would not have been dead yet... at this time, recieved a mortal wound but still alive enough to be drawn away and order Bedivere to throw Excaliber into the lake. So perhaps this is Bedivere throwing himself across Arthur in grief and despair and to put himself between his King and further danger.
Hmm, I don't think Bedivere's doing a good job of protection if that's the case, and Bedivere's hair in the Knight of Spears is brown, not blonde. However, if you look at the King of Swords, Mordred, you will see that he is blonde and that he has the same eagle crest on his throne as the fallen man has on the back of his tunic! So I think Leo's original theory was correct, and Mordred is piled on top of Arthur.

Yes, you are right of course about Arthur, he really can't be dead quite yet. And of course Arthur's journey across the lake in The Judgement implies that death itself is yet another illusion.

Quote:
Maybe that is why that dog is snarling... you aren't dead yet, get up! Or even... that anger when something you trust and rely on and love is threatened to be taken from you. "Who will take care of me!" "How could you be so careless?" "How dare you die on me!" All those irrational thoughts that go through our heads when confronted with sudden destructive loss or conflict. The fear that becomes fury, lashing out in destructive ways.
Yes, I can identify with this line of thought - well put, WalesWoman!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14