Pierre Madenié Tarot Facsimile is launched

delizt

thank you, I hope you don't mind, but I started a new thread and uploaded this pic so we can keep this thread to discuss the lovely Pierre Madenié :))

Yves Le Marseillais

Cicéron c'est Pointcarré

Hello Le Fanu and all,

Well your Soprafino is wonderfull I admit easily and rounding decks is not prohibited for me.
It's just a question of fidelity to original deck pattern and period (XVII and XVIIIth centurys).

In fact I consider in future to get a rounder and to round each of my facsimiles decks: Madenié, Chosson and next ones.

But:

I will use a small radius rounder 2 mm
I will not produce my Tarot of Marseille decks with rounded corners.

As to:
Let choice to buyers

For this of course I need to take care of manufacturing process with well centered images and enough space around black lines rectangle.

I personnaly feel that Italians Tarots are more suitable/convenient to be rounded rather than Tarot of Marseille Pattern (Type II more precisely).

Just a question of taste of course.

Salutations from shinning Marseille

Yves

delizt

I don't think it is necessary to print with rounded corners, I like the square for study and for keeping a pristine copy...but I appreciate the printing with the centered images and the way the deck allows for cornering if desired,

I like the "rounding" process; it helps me to bond with a deck that I wish to use heavily and it's a wonderful relaxation project :)

Rose Lalonde

The Madenié arrived today, and I held my breath for a moment when I opened the box, because the quality of both the deck and the reproduction of the original wrapper is just beautiful. I don't think I've enjoyed opening a new tarot this much before.

Thanks so much, Yves, and thanks to Wilfried Houdouin. Handling these cards, I get a real sense of your attention to detail and affection for the tarot. :)

I'm planning to ask for a second copy for the holidays, and after that will round the corners on one.

Yves Le Marseillais

We are square people bound for 2015 Big Tarot Year

The Madenié arrived today, and I held my breath for a moment when I opened the box, because the quality of both the deck and the reproduction of the original wrapper is just beautiful. I don't think I've enjoyed opening a new tarot this much before.

Thanks so much, Yves, and thanks to Wilfried Houdouin. Handling these cards, I get a real sense of your attention to detail and affection for the tarot. :)

I'm planning to ask for a second copy for the holidays, and after that will round the corners on one.

Marseille 22nd September 2014

Bonjour Rose..... and thanks on behalf of Wilfried and I for your kind words that rewards our efforts.

We are first of all Tarot passionates and all we do is made for Tarot Community and for our own goal: To highlight variety of Tarot of Marseille pattern decks.

We will keep on producing decks as they were initialy with their square corners for historical reasons.
But we will allows collectionners to round by themself (if they wish) our future decks by careffully adding some millimeters around cards black lines.

Three decks to be issued by 2015 (Yes we can !!). Send an email to me from my website as to get my freshly issued Newsletter N° 2.

Happy readings !

Best

Yves & Wilfried

Sherryl

Yves,

Have you every considered doing mini versions of your decks? My Pierre Madenie is still working its magic on me. I get incredibly powerful readings with it. But I would never, ever take it out of the house. It would be wonderful to have a smaller version I could carry around.

Yves Le Marseillais

Mini Madenié deck

Yves,

Have you every considered doing mini versions of your decks? My Pierre Madenie is still working its magic on me. I get incredibly powerful readings with it. But I would never, ever take it out of the house. It would be wonderful to have a smaller version I could carry around.

Hello Sherryl,

A mini deck of Madenié already exist/ Made in Japan.
Kenji informed us about it and I got a copy of it.

Go here:

http://cqk00073.wix.com/kuma#!/c24vq

May be this Japanease lady will produce more models.

On my side, I have about 8 decks in project and it's important for collectioners to have original sizes.

Salutations from France

Yves

KhonsuMes

Yves:
What great news about three new decks coming in 2015!

I sent along an email requesting Newsletter #2 (and #1). Looking forward to reading about them!

KhonsuMes Matt

Yves Le Marseillais

Pierre MADENIE 1709 IS TODAY DECLARED OUT OF PRINT

Sunday 10th April 2016

Bonjour all of you happy collectioners,

Today I got my last order about this wonderfull deck I had great pleasure to publish in company of Wilfried Houdouin for technics issues.

Launched on 27th January 2012 with 3000 limited and numbered edition copies, I sollennaly declares this edition OUT OF PRINT !!

If you are lucky enough you may find it on some local resellers but stocks are dry here .

I am considering "may be" doing another edition of it but frankly this is not my top priority in view of so much decks that are on "to do list".

Very next one will be also famous I suppose regarding his own story and great quality of sources I succed to get.

Jean Pierre PAYEN 1713 is on our working table to be issued by 2016.

II take opportunity of this superb forum to THANKS Solendia for his persistant good work and THANKS all collectionners who allowed this aventure to be successful.

Without forgoting Stuart Kaplan and US Games team who also recognised all this work and spread Tarot of Marseille Pattern in Anglo Saxon area.

Merci à vous tous et en route pour de nouvelles aventures !! :))
Thanks to all of you and let's go for new adventures !! :))

Salutations from Marseille City
Capitale of Tarot...

Yves & Wilfried

Attachments

• ab7ee196-2e50-11e2-8f8f-af38b035388f-800x532.jpg
    ab7ee196-2e50-11e2-8f8f-af38b035388f-800x532.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 196
  • CHATEAU DE CARTES  Wizard-1.jpg
    CHATEAU DE CARTES Wizard-1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0981.jpg
    DSC_0981.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 180

Le Fanu

It deserves to be out of stock EVERYWHERE. This is the most beautiful Marseilles edition of recent years. It deserves to be a classic and highly desirable. I say that because I have three copies :D I've got mine for when everyone is clamouring!

A wonderful contribution to the Marseilles universe.