View Single Post
Citizen

Hemera 
Step Nine~Vampyres~the Empress

Some questions looking at the Empress:

Why are you so sad?
What is the great mystery you carry within?
What are you listening to?
Who is the rose for/from?
Are you well connected to nature?
Are you well grounded?

My three questions:

1. What are you listening to?

snapshot: Im in my late teens and Im in a summer school. I feel sad and confused because Im feeling so different from the rest of the gang. I miss my boyfriend terribly. I happen to meet M. who is an elderly lady I have only met a few times earlier (she is a friend of my parents) and I pour my heart out to her. She listens quietly and she understands. I get strength to carry on. I never saw M. again and she has passed away now but I still feel thankful for the time she took to listen to me and for the way she quietly listened and understood.

What do I need to look at in my life right now as suggested by my responses, metaphors, and memories?
I now need to be the one who can quietly listen to the young ones. Thinking back my problems that summer long ago feel so small but they felt big then. It was important that M. did not brush my problems aside as insignificant but took the time to sit down and really listen.

2. Are you well connected to nature? Are you well grounded?

snapshot: Im back home from the hospital after three week. I have lost a lot of weight. I do not feel well grounded since a lot of the muscles are gone. But I love the feeling of lightness because also a lot of the fat is gone.

What do I need to look at in my life right now as suggested by my responses, metaphors, and memories?
My body is the part of nature that is closest to me. I need to work on the balance. To be grounded means (for me) not to be too light or skinny. To be well connected to nature in my body means I need to take good care of the muscles, tendons and everything else. I need to keep finding the balance of nutrition and exercise over and over again. I do not like to overdo anything. I like the idea of cave man nutrition and cave man lifestyle that someone has written about that you choose to live in a more spontaneous and random way. Sometimes you eat less and sometimes more. Sometimes you exercise less and sometimes more. But there is a balance somewhere in the big picture of it all anyway.

3. Why are you so sad?

snapshot: Looking at my mother and seeing how she has wasted her whole long life in bearing old grudges and hating people (mostly out of envy). I feel so sorry for her and very sad that she is getting too old to change anything now. She will go to her grave hating most people around her

To always remember to look at the bigger picture. To see my life as something temporary and something that is moving fast towards the end so that I would not waste this precious time on things like envy, greed or hatred.
Top   #52