Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

Emily

The Liber T Tarot is very high on our wish list of possible future decks. We are certainly interested in making an app for it, but it is impossible to say if we will be able to get the rights or not.

Jason @ The Fool's Dog

I will be crossing my fingers, thanks for replying so quickly :)

Le Fanu

I'd noticed that all was quiet on the app front and wondered if something was amiss. I'd been checking every couple of weeks or so and disappointed that there was no action.

Good to know that there are things in the works. I so love having my favourite decks to contemplate on my iPhone. I don't always do readings with them - the app I use the most for this is probably the Lenormand one - but I love having the imagery to contemplate in spare moments. The two tarot apps I use the most are probably Holy Light and Fairy Tale. I love the more extensive texts that allow me to read with a deck that I don't have all that knowledge of at my fingertips. With the apps, a quick tap and you have access to all that relevant info.

A Liber T would be just fantastic!

kalliope

Oh, I'll third the vote for the Liber T! That would be excellent, so I wish you luck with the license.

The only problem with all of these wonderful apps is that they're eventually going to take up all of the space on my phone! My new one doesn't have expandable memory (SD card slot). I want to buy apps for ALL of the decks I'm interested in, but at some point space will limit me.

I know half the charm of the Fool's Dog apps is the aesthetic appeal of the interface designed to match each deck, but I wonder if one could save space by having one app with all the framework, and then in-app purchases to buy the individual decks? I'm just brainstorming. I'm sure most of the space is taken up by the deck images anyhow. And maybe people wouldn't find things as easily in the app store. Nevermind!

JasonLion

There would be some savings in space by having everything in one app, but it wouldn't be enough to really change things. An all in one app that gave up the per deck custom main menus could save perhaps 10-15% on total storage.

A 16 Meg device has room for roughly 200 to 300 of our Tarot apps, if there were than many :) So for most people, it is going to be a little while before this becomes a really serious problem.

kalliope

There would be some savings in space by having everything in one app, but it wouldn't be enough to really change things. An all in one app that gave up the per deck custom main menus could save perhaps 10-15% on total storage.

A 16 Meg device has room for roughly 200 to 300 of our Tarot apps, if there were than many :) So for most people, it is going to be a little while before this becomes a really serious problem.

That makes sense that the savings wouldn't be worth it.

And I guess I'm just an app junkie, and I get nervous when the available space gets too low. :) My 32GB phone only has 10GB free (of the ~23 available), and I only have about 4 tarot apps currently installed, and none of my astrology apps! I just have too many apps in general, plus all those podcasts, Kindle books, overly large Google apps, photos, Evernote...

You're right though -- I'm sure I'll be fine. :laugh:

baylys

My 32GB phone only has 10GB free (of the ~23 available), and I only have about 4 tarot apps currently installed

You're lucky! My 64gb phone has only 1.8gb of space left and I've got 9 of the Fool's Dog apps. I'm going to have to start deleting stuff soon....

kalliope

You're lucky! My 64gb phone has only 1.8gb of space left and I've got 9 of the Fool's Dog apps. I'm going to have to start deleting stuff soon....

:bugeyed: Yikes! Do you have a lot of music on your phone? Videos? And I thought I was bad.

Jason was right, of course. I just finally installed several of the apps on my new phone, and there's plenty of space left. I guess I was being melodramatic. :cool3:

Emily

I've had a tidy up on both my android phone and tablet - I had an iPad before my android tablet and didn't realise that google playstore keeps my apps for me so even if I delete off my phone or tablet, I still have the apps that I can put back on. Also Amazon does the same. I didn't realise that until I started to read in this thread and wondered how I was going to get on with deleting apps I had paid for.

So if push comes to shove, I'll just delete all my other apps to make room for the Fool's Dog tarot apps (especially the Liber T) :)

Linfang

I am so sad that there has not been a new release in over four months. There hasn't have to be a new twice a month, but I got so used to adding another app every couple of weeks. Please, continue your great work!

JasonLion

Linfang, thank you for your interest, and your concern.

We originally took a few months off of working on new decks to work on some long term improvements. But then my parents health started to decline and we have been caring for them over most of the last several months. We are a small company, and with both me and Caroline distracted we really haven't gotten much done in the last few months.

Both of my parents died last week. They were quite elderly, and it was not unexpected. Still, as I am sure you can imagine, it has been quite difficult emotionally.

We do have several new decks in the pipeline. I expect that we will be getting back to working on them fairly soon.

Thank you again for your concern
Jason @ The Fool's Dog