View Single Post
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror of Galadriel View Post
The best I can arrive it is maybe.
This is it in a very concise nutshell, and exactly where I landed after decades of contemplation on the subject. As a student of astrology first and a qabalistic aspirant second (beginning in 1968 for one and 1972 for the other), once I figured it out I've become reasonably satisfied with the "double loop" explanation as introducing the zodiacal symmetry Crowley sought once he reinstated the TdM order of Justice/Adjustment and Strength/Lust. Ross made a very comprehensive and convincing argument for this earlier in the thread. The rest of it strikes me as an extravaganza of overreaching (of which the Tzaddi-Tsar-Czar conflation stands as the most suspect example) to force-fit this concept into what originated as a mystical epiphany and not a logically-deduced imperative (all the convoluted rationalizing came later). I wonder if it ever occurred to Crowley to question his source before undertaking all that heavy lifting.

A lot of very thoughtful and elegant observations have been made in this thread, but ultimately, like Omar Khayyam, I've come "out by the same Door where in I went." Having a better understanding of what Crowley may have been about hasn't convinced me to undertake adopting it into my own thinking any more than my own lengthy deliberations have.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #47