Favorite Spread to Welcome in the New Year

ayuryogini

I didn't see this posted anywhere else. If it is please forgive the redundancy.

I'm very new to tarot and I was wondering if anyone has a favorite spread for completing the past year and welcoming in the new one.

Thanks.

danieljuk

there is some on the main AT site spreads section as well here.

I am really loving Fortuna's Best Year Ever! spread at the moment, over here

When I was learning tarot, many books had wheel type spreads. I can't see threads for them but there is two classics to read for the year coming....

The Monthly Timing Wheel

Deal a card in the centre, this is the "energy" of the year ahead and then deal a card to the left horizontal side of this card. This is January. You can then go clockwise or anti clockwise and you deal 12 cards in a "wheel" one card per month. You can add more than 1 card per month if you want and also a little twist might be to deal the cards and then turn the deck over and read the card on the bottom as the middle card and the overview of the year. You can change it around.

Horoscope Wheel

If you are into astrology at all, you can do the same reading but with houses instead of months. You deal card #1 in your first house in your birth chart and then go around. Each house represents a different area of your life. You can easily find on google the house meanings, home and family, love, career, etc etc.

Those spreads are both classics but not sure who originally created them. Happy 2017! :thumbsup: