progressed moons

isthmus nekoi

I've missed you too ^_^ I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "do these things change"..... do you mean can the yod still have an effect if it is out of orb?....

Moongold

Hi Isthmus,

I thought I had responded to this post but must have dreamed it or something like that.

In relation to the Yod, I thought that, as the various planets moved around the sun at different speeds, aspect patterns such as yods would gradually disappear. If I had a Yod in my progressed Moon chart a few weeks ago I guess it would still be there, however.

I've just realised what you mean by "out of orb" now, and yes, that is my question.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Well, out of orb means out of influence, so technically, if the yod has passed, so has its influence. However, how wide the orb can be to have influence is debatable. I've read up to 3 degrees, I remember AG saying she's used more. Regardless of orb, the tighter the aspect is, the more powerful.

Moongold

Yes I understand three degrees as well. Thanks. People seem to use different orbs for a lot of things.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

well, got to peruse Carol Rushman (is that the name???)'s book The Art of Predictive Astrology when at the bookstore.... and all that stuff about prog moon is Libra was very accurate! As of late (like a year or so), I've upgraded both my cosmetics and wardrobe. I used to wear clothes that were more... aggressive and messy: military pieces (hey, I've got Mars conj ASC), big baggy cargo pants, comfort was paramount. Now everything is more classy and feminine: Heels, tailored shirts, lace, pink (!!). No falsies though (like the author).
I haven't noticed relationships being easier, but Jupiter's been transiting 7th for awhile.

Moongold

Re: Progressed Moon and Lunar Return

Astraea said:
The progressed Moon moves an average of 13 degrees per year (approximately one degree per month), so it's an excellent timer that "sets off" natal and progressed aspects as it contacts them throughout any given year.

I don't think ever thanked you for this wonderfully clear explanation!

Moongold

Minderwiz

Isthmus,

Carol Rushman's book is well worth adding to your collection - I find it an extremely useful source book - even on the rather rare times that I don't agree with her I find stimulation to look at things from a different direction.

Time to shell out those hard earned pennies!

Minderwiz

I've looked at one or two books on the Moon, its phases, cycles and progression but the Rushman chapters are ones that I keep coming back to.

Sophia Mason produced one or two books relating to Lunations, Quarter Moons, and Progressions but I've not been able to actually get hold of these. So if you come across any of them whilst you are sureptitiously hiding behind the Astrology shelves let me know!