Cards you just don't like..?

Naomi Ningishzidda

The Tower - can someone tell me why? Why does this card make me feel uncomfortable and negative? I'd love to know?:)

(for me) The Blasted Tower is all about washing away and eroding fake foundations. You know, the ones built on a sinkhole? I know I have had some seriously misguided assumptions that just failed me when push came to shove. Bad choice in lovers, bad business, bad friends....all of these can give the illusion of a strong foundation, but when God, or the True Will calls - it's ashes. The Blasted Tower is a reminder of all of the little lies we've cozied up to, and how fragile that reality can be when a gust of hurricane blows it apart.

Being comfortable with the Tower is only really possible if you are truly willing to surrender everything to something far more powerful than yourself - which ultimately IS yourself - but it is difficult to face for those not in touch with reality. That surrender is rare, and seems impossible to almost everyone I have ever met in my entire life. So, you know, you're not in bad company or anything.

Tarot by G

(for me) The Blasted Tower is all about washing away and eroding fake foundations. You know, the ones built on a sinkhole? I know I have had some seriously misguided assumptions that just failed me when push came to shove. Bad choice in lovers, bad business, bad friends....all of these can give the illusion of a strong foundation, but when God, or the True Will calls - it's ashes. The Blasted Tower is a reminder of all of the little lies we've cozied up to, and how fragile that reality can be when a gust of hurricane blows it apart.

Being comfortable with the Tower is only really possible if you are truly willing to surrender everything to something far more powerful than yourself - which ultimately IS yourself - but it is difficult to face for those not in touch with reality. That surrender is rare, and seems impossible to almost everyone I have ever met in my entire life. So, you know, you're not in bad company or anything.

Wow awesome way to look at the tower thank you for this :)

Rosebud2012

I used to hate the High Priestess because she almost defied interpretations, she means mystery which is hard to explain or grasp.

The Ten of Cups is so perfect it's hard to find any nuances about it.

I don't like the Ten of Swords either. I know it's karmic and represents a person whose circumstances can't get much worse, I've also had it for when a colleage was stuck down with such debilitaing back pain that he had to be rushed to hospital but some books insist it's a melodramatic card.

I've never really got The Chariot apart from it generally being about career.

Chronata

five of swords.
I have...issues... with this card.
For the longest time, I couldn't fathom why this card would leave me with a blank mind.
And it's not that my mind would just empty...it was like a giant black hole would open up out of this card and swallow my memories and ability to think.

I still loathe it, but we now have an understanding.

I also have a rather extreme dislike of the King of Swords...as like, every woman-hating male boss I have ever had fit this card.

I have been able to find his positive spin though, so we are now on better terms.

Apsalar

I really don't like the emperor. I don't know why, he just sits there on his throne and all is still and unmoving and rigid and blah. Apparently he doesn't like me either cause I never get him in readings. I also greatly dislike 4 of coins, which I see as the pip's version of the emperor :p
I think the 8 and 9 of swords are the most uncomfortable/sad cards, but I don't get the same feeling of annoyance to them.

AJ

I'm not crazy about any of the lovers cards I've seen.
They are very limiting and many are more about lust than love I think
Love covers So many nuances. I wish designers would simply title it Love.

edited to add: I find the 3 of swords and 8 of wands (RWS) so lame. And all the clones just keep on copying

Annabelle

I have trouble across the board with Aces -- but that's due to the frequent plainness of Aces and their lack of "scene."

But that's not quite the same as not liking them or being disturbed by them.

In terms of cards that bother me or that I don't like, Judgement is probably at the top of the list. Something about that angel & zombie combination that is sometimes present in the scene :).

Darklilly

I hate 5 of swords with passion. It kept stalking me for half a year before we worked out the issue in every reading I did on me or him. It however smartly fell out of the scene completely in the past few monts so I may forgive it yet :D Oh, and it just feels like it's upside down (thoth) and no matter how I turn it, it's just wrong (never worked with reversals) - yeah, I get it's the point, but it bothers me especially because I got to see it so often.

I dislike the lovers for some reason. It's like there was a sinister streak to that card which no-one ever addresses both in art or description. I just can't really put my finger on it. I don't trust that card.

I used to have a problem with the hierophant, but later I understood his role. But he still shows up rarely. He's weird.

Padma

I find Temperance to be the dullest and most meaningless card in the deck. It inspires nothing in me, other than "Must take a balanced approach!"

I just don't see the point of it except to show that the Devil can be put back in his place, and that excess can be tempered. But we all know that already. Everyone knows that excess in anything is not healthy - so the card feels outdated and like a Mr. ObviousMan card in the deck.

SunChariot

I feel like someone may have already started this type of thread, but I looked through a couple pages and wasn't able to find a similar post. So, apologies, if this is a repeat!

I'm curious as to what card/s fellow readers just don't like, care for, etc.
-I'm not talking specifics, as in certain decks (but feel free to go that route), but a card you just don't care for across the board... and why/how it makes you feel, etc.

For me, it's The Hierophant. I just don't like it! Sometimes it gives me the "heebie-geebies", sometimes it makes me angry, mostly it just makes me throughly uncomfortable. I think this just stems from the ultra-religious biggotry I've dealt with in life, but I'm not entirely sure why it affects me so deeply sometimes.

There are no cards I don't like because of them meanings, as the meanings are all cards are positive ultimately and useful. Tarot is a system to help us after all.

But in most decks I do not like the Death card imagery. I am a bit a sqeemish about skulls, skeletons and death images. And they mostly all have them. They don't actually scare me but I find them unpleasant to look at. And if the card come up,you need to look at it.

Babs