gawtcha

SunChariot

Well, I am new to the deck, less than a month, but to me none of them are there to punish us. They are all there to teach us lessons we are meant to learn in our lives to become the best versions of ourselves we can be. Although some lessons may be easier to learn than others.

I haven't had the deck long, but Gawtcha did come up for me. When I first got the deck, I got such a feeling of peace and love and joy from the faeries, and they did seem to want to contact me.

Then I read a bunch of scarey stuff about the "ominous things they could do to you...and I started to get more and more scared the next times they "contacted me". And I pulled a card to ask how to deal with the fear and got Gawtcha, which reinforced the message I had gotten once before from the deck, that I need to put my faith in my own experiences and instincts and not on heresay taken from others. And just follow my own instincts and trust them...which I am sure it great advice for all areas of my life actually.

Which has helped a lot.:) Back to feeling love and joy again. And I have to admit the week or two that I was really scared, they backed off and did not try to contact me until I resolved it and realized I wanted them to again, so I have to say that helped me trust more that they are only there to help me.

Bar

Satori

I don't find my Fae scary at all.
they are delightful. Even the Bodach. I'm not sure who the scary-est ones in the deck are, but Gawtcha? Nah. He is not scary. Not to me anyway.

Glad to hear you worked thru that. :)

MercyMe

Gawtcha doesn't look scary to me AT ALL. I thought he was a she at first...and "she" looked a lot like the way I get when I don't want to deal with stuff. Which is precisely why "Gawtcha" will getcha, when you're blissfully walking around with blinders on. Or maybe it's just one of those "Gawtcha" days when the toast burns and the dog gets out and runs down the street and you're still in your nightgown and fuzzy slippers so you grab the car keys and drive down the road and because you're peering into neighborhood yards and bushes looking for your dog you don't see the car in front of you has stopped because the driver needed to ask directions of the woman walking her dog and BAM! You more than bump into her bumper and there you are in your nightgown and fuzzy slippers, wondering where your dog is, having to explain all this to the person you are now exchanging insurance info with.

But even a morning like that can be a wake up call in some ways, like alerting you to the broken gate that allowed the dog to get out and maybe that you need some new slippers. Some rearranging of life may need to occur so we don't have a replay of that lovely morning.

So no, Gawtcha's not scary to me. Unpleasant if I think "she's" foretelling trouble she plans for me, but more often than not she's saying, "Loosen up, roll with the punches...cuz ya never know!" :D

~Mercy

Alissa

Today, while trimming my split ends and thinking about nothing, except talking to my sister today, and then about her kind words here (blush) and how when Faery work is done right, you just feel the Essence of the Card.

And then Gwatcha popped in my head.

And Gawatcha said his message is: "If you have something you need to hide, then you have something you really need to look at."

So I logged right on to write that down here. :)

Jewel

Alissa said:
And Gawatcha said his message is: "If you have something you need to hide, then you have something you really need to look at."

No kidding. Because if you hide it it will eventually come out and bite you. Thanks for sharing Alissa.

pickled pixie

I have noticed that Gawtcha always seems to pop up right before I go down with a stinking cold, infact the more I look at him the more I think he looks like a little germ :D ....hope he's not to offended lol!

pp xxx

Jewel

pickled pixie said:
I have noticed that Gawtcha always seems to pop up right before I go down with a stinking cold, infact the more I look at him the more I think he looks like a little germ :D ....hope he's not to offended lol!
*ROFLMAO* I will never see him the same way anymore ~giggles~. That totally cracked me up, the him looking like a germ part, not the you having a cold part :D

Fiacha

My thoughts on Gawtcha

First: To me, Gawtcha has always been a "she" and I was quite surprised that the book refers to her as a male character, but I guess, that's not very important.
I was afraid of her, the first time, she appeared in a reading and the years have shown, that I was right.

I don't pick the card very often, but when I do, Gawtcha appears as the bearer of bad news. Really bad news, not the "you'll break a nail" kind.

It was Gawtcha who showed up, when nobody told me, my boyfriend cheated on me. Somewhere inside, I must have known, for I knew, what she had to tell me right away.
It was her again, who told me, that my Dad wasn't going to get well again, after his cancer had reappeared.

It is a hard lesson for me to accept and appreciate, what Gawtcha means and does for me, for she isn't the reason for bad things, happening.
She's the one that makes me look directly at a situation, face it and learn to bear the consequences.

I should be thankful. I really should. Sometimes I even am.

DragonFae

Gawtcha to me is not scary...but yes she/he does appear to bring "bad news" or maybe not really bad news but rather FORCES me to "look" even when I dont want to.....

I did one/two word associations recently for each card and Gawtcha's word is SHOCK...it can be the shock of bad news or a sudden awareness where I am no longer fooling myself...or a final acceptance of something I don't want to believe...or even that first seed of..."oh no"...

Fiacha

That is nicely said.
"Shock" covers it quite good.

And I guess, that's what makes me afraid. I am not a big fan of change. I like to remain quite set in my safe, comfy, little life and Gawtcha tells me, I can't go on like this, much longer.
And the worst is: I don't know, what will happen; what I'll have to do until I see her and there's no turning back, then.

It's hard to express in English, but I hope, it's understandable.