Rosetta Redux

JylliM

I'm a sucker for bling. Still lusting after Colores Arcus foiled majors...now this! It might be cheaper for me to fly to the US than pay for all this shipping...

Babalon Jones

Rosetta Redux AND Remastered!

I got a sample of the cards and box the other day. I am so happy with how the new cards look, it is so noticeable how much printing technology has improved in 5.5 years since the first printing. I took the new edition sample, and the first edition printing, and compared them to the original art. The new edition matches the original art so much better in the majority of cards. It is striking, especially in cards with a lot of blue. The new printing captures more subtlety and range of color.

Check out the pictures in this post to see what I mean.

Spiffo

I wasn't expecting the changes to make such a huge difference, but added to the 'improved' printing techniques it's just ... wow!

I'm just hoping Babs isn't the jealous type. X

Bluefeet

The printing quality of this new edition looks amazing, definitely an upgrade from the original. The gold foil must look divine with papyrus borders!

Babalon Jones

The quality difference is really striking. I wish I could post all the card comparisons. I do like some of the very red oriented cards slightly better in edition number one as it has deeper cooler reds, but the majority of them edition number two wins, both in overall look and as a closer match color wise to the original paintings. Neither printing gets yellows to match the originals exactly though.

I think the gold line around the image is going to look amazing. I did not get a sample to show because I didn't want to make the printers set up the press for it just to show me. I know pretty much how it will look because the Babalon edition of Tabula Mundi (my other deck) has the same process except in silver instead of gold, and also as a thin border around the image, and I love it. The foil is so reflective almost mirror like. In this case the Egyptian affinity for gold made that the logical choice. The box will have a gold foil symbol emboss but though I got a box sample it was without the foil as the die for it needs to be created.

All in all though I was so pleasantly surprised just because both the card and box samples exceeded expectations.

Rose Lalonde

The new printing looks great! (And that's a big change in The Priestess' blue.) I agree that the more saturated colors look good with black, and the truer-to-the-original colors look good with the papyrus, so everything worked out for the best, and it makes for very different editions.

Babalon Jones

Cue cartoon factory music...

Snowy day today, going to be snowed in (and snowed on, if I go outside).

So doing the assembly line thing once again. Thought you might like a sneak peek at some of the blingy extras for Papyrus Gold, and a glimpse of how both sets are looking (so far, not done yet!)

The deck bands are made from authentic papyrus. It was fun making them. Well, it was fun designing them. After making hundreds of anything it ceases to be fun at some point...but they look really cool!

I've attached some pictures of the gold extras, the bands, some work in progress, and both the regular and gold editions. Both the regular edition and the gold edition have a gold cartouche on the customizable significators, so everyone gets some bling!

In the final stages, these will be coming very soon!

Attachments

• Rosetta papyrus gold.jpg
    Rosetta papyrus gold.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 621
  • Rosetta Papryrus Gold some extras.jpg
    Rosetta Papryrus Gold some extras.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 601
  • Papyrus gold deck band.jpg
    Papyrus gold deck band.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 616
  • multiple deck bands.jpg
    multiple deck bands.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 610
  • Rosetta papyrus regular.jpg
    Rosetta papyrus regular.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 638

garmonbozia

I've decided that the cards will need a box. I want them to have a nice hard case like the Tabula Mundi's box, with a gold symbol on the top. Lapis blue.

I am thinking of only offering the LWB as a free pdf, but reprinting the full size guidebook. There will also be a free pdf of information about the hieroglyphs.

So that is the plan (I think), how does it sound?

Sounds great to me!
I am definitely interested in ordering a full-size Rosetta deck with a Book of Seshet.
I am really bummed that the first printing sold out when I wasn't paying enough attention!

Babalon Jones

like siblings

Sounds great to me!
I am definitely interested in ordering a full-size Rosetta deck with a Book of Seshet.
I am really bummed that the first printing sold out when I wasn't paying enough attention!

I sent you the info.

For fun, here is the new Rosetta Papyrus box next to the Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus box. They look good together!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 654

JylliM

Snowy day today, going to be snowed in (and snowed on, if I go outside).

So doing the assembly line thing once again. Thought you might like a sneak peek at some of the blingy extras for Papyrus Gold, and a glimpse of how both sets are looking (so far, not done yet!)

The deck bands are made from authentic papyrus. It was fun making them. Well, it was fun designing them. After making hundreds of anything it ceases to be fun at some point...but they look really cool!

I've attached some pictures of the gold extras, the bands, some work in progress, and both the regular and gold editions. Both the regular edition and the gold edition have a gold cartouche on the customizable significators, so everyone gets some bling!

In the final stages, these will be coming very soon!

Aaaagh! They are gorgeous! Especially the Gold! Better look under my mattress for money..!