Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

gregory

thorhammer said:
Ooh, perfect! I got the map today - it's HUGE!!!! They showed me a few and I picked the nicest and biggest :) I'll start happily drawing lines on it tomorrow :) Lisbon to . . . where in Sweden?

\m/ Kat
Stockholm.

Oddity

nisaba said:
B*gger.

And I don't mean bigger.

<suddenly panics> Do we have someone in Copenhagen? Or near enough to get tehre on a day-trip or something? Pleeeeease???
Too bad we didn't do this while I lived further south... I used to live 45 minutes from Copenhagen, but now it's more like 5 hours, a little too far for a day trip...

Oddity

Le Fanu said:
So thrilled it has arrived! That was fast! Isn't he a bizarre creature? And yes, that big card :D I never thought that the bigger cards might get bent as they protrude most at the sides.
It's not that bad (yet...) but anyway I think it will be easy to trim off the bent edge IF the final lucky winner likes to. The difference in card sizes is crazy. In a very fun way.

Le Fanu said:
What is your favourite card? I meant to post mine but I've forgotten now as they are all so lovely. I like the card from the Fantastical Creatures Tarot. I also LOVE the Hermit but I donated that one so it would be a bit silly to vote for that as my favourite!
All the cards are my favourites! :D No, but I have just not decided yet. It's difficult. The Lovers is really pretty, but I like the Hermit too, so unassuming but yet distinguished. And that's just two out of 78... how could I ever choose...

nicole_

The Little Mermaid that is supposed to be in Copenhagen is now in Shanghai at the World Expo! :D

nisaba

<wince> So it's up to our Asian contingent ...

gregory

nicole_ said:
The Little Mermaid that is supposed to be in Copenhagen is now in Shanghai at the World Expo! :D
She IS ???? How AWFUL for her..... To be TORN from that rock, and put into a tatty commercial event....

I am now Upset.... (but - have we anyone near Shanghai ?)

Cat*

nisaba said:
<glances round> Cat*? You're a northern girl ...
Not northern enough to take a quick trip to Copenhagen, though. Sorry! But I hear the Mermaid is disappointingly small anyway...

If we had done this a lot earlier (like several years) I could have taken Frankie to see the Bremen Town Musicians. Just to add some more fairy tale creatures not-to-be-visited to the list. })

Maybe Aulruna can do something about European fairy tale characters with all the caves and castles down where she lives?

Oddity

I could show Frankie a nice statue of St George and the dragon. Not really fairytales, but still...

gregory

Cat* said:
Not northern enough to take a quick trip to Copenhagen, though. Sorry! But I hear the Mermaid is disappointingly small anyway...
I liked her :(

If we had done this a lot earlier (like several years) I could have taken Frankie to see the Bremen Town Musicians. Just to add some more fairy tale creatures not-to-be-visited to the list. })
OOH..... now... Um - DAMN. I could have gone LAST year - or indeed MUCH later this year. They ARE cute !

I can do Peter Rabbit and Beatrix Potter's house....

nisaba

gregory said:
I can do Peter Rabbit and Beatrix Potter's house....
I'll be expecting it of you.

With a complete phobia of heights I'm definitely NOT taking it to the top of the Harbour Bridge or Uluru. I might take it into limestone caves, though, and almost certainly into red-dirt-country - there should be some, somewhere in this benighted state. I love wombats, as Vonda McIntyre will tell you: I might set up a photo-op with a living wombat, or even with my stone wombat, who's crossed the continent twice with me.

Thinking, thinking ...

Anyone like poetry? Henry Kendall Cottage, maybe?