View Single Post
Citizen

squeakmo9 
Citizen

My step 3 adept
3:2

RWS 5 of Swords

Quote:
I am in an environment that seems cold, stormy, and bleak. Sleet falls at a distance and it feel like low, ominous clouds are over my head
(?) a feeling of helplessness
(?) alienation- “sleet falls at a distance”
(?) confusion

Quote:
I am unbearably sad and dejected. I feel wounded and am experiencing inner pain
(?) disappointment
(?) wounded pride
(?) lowest point

Quote:
I feel cold, lonely, and unaware of anything except my broken hopes. My attitude is ‘Poor me, nothing will ever get better’.
(?) feeling misunderstood
(?) not aware that others have been where they are now
(?) a sense that this is a permanent state of being

Quote:
Behind all this a shadow part of me is dancing for joy, kicking up its heels and showing off. This shadow part of me is proud and happy and has an attitude of delight in my own or someone else’s pain
(?) self-conflicted, dualism
(?) guilt complex therefore wanting to hurt self
(?) not taking personal responsibility for own misfortune

Following Dave’s lead…
My Emotional Impressions of card-RWS 5 of Swords

Insecurity
Anxiety
Weakness
Sorrow
Fear
Tired
Circumspect
Quiet
Doubtful
Humiliated

3:3

Compare the Victorian Romantic 5 of Swords with the RWS 5 of Swords

Victorian Romantic 5 of Swords
It made me smile when I first found it. I am not familiar with this deck at all since I received it a couple of weeks back. This 5 of swords is down right “cute”.
3 little people in what appears to be clown outfits in a bit of a discussion. One is speaking, actively, one is listening, actively, and another appears to affirm the speaker. There is a single sword lying on the floor, the piercing tip not visible.
It looks as if they are putting on some sort of production and are trying to get their cues in sync. The “listener” holds a tambourine. All seems rather innocent, but also serious.
The card has a calm, casual, organized feel to it. It’s colors are somber, but elegant. Everyone seems to be playing his or her assigned roles correctly.
If this card has some issues connected with it, they are not dire and will take little effort to address.
The drama from the RWS version is gone, the contention is contained, and more seems to be understood by all.
Here(VR)this 5 seems more hopeful, and creative. Structure is put into action, and is far more productive than the RWS version.
Again, this is just from my standpoint, and feelings.

Emotional words from Appendix A:
Victorian Romantic 5 of Swords

Satisfied
Accepting
Benevolent
Confident
Hopeful
Mischievous
Eager
Pensive
Calm
Tender