Antique RWS images in High Resolution

lucifall

roppo said:
Okay guys. We cannnot turn to kenji for everything. I'll do the large scan of PKT images from 1922 edition. Wait a while, please.
Great Roppo! I like to colour my own RWS with BOTA-colouring instructions!
Luci

lucifall

roppo said:
http://grimoire.blog.ocn.ne.jp/doll/2011/02/pktimages.html

Today, 22 trumps by 300 dpi. Tomorrow, Minor arcana.
You are Quick Roppo! Thanks a lot!
Kenji from Japan, the Pam-A and B and Roppo from Japan RWS B&W 1922 edition, sharing their Treasures, scan them for us so we can compare. A lot of Work.

A deep inflection for you Two.
あなたの2のための深い屈曲

Luci

roppo

I've just uploaded all the 78 cards.

http://grimoire.blog.ocn.ne.jp/doll/2011/02/pktimages.html

They are from the PKT 1922 Rider edition and their lines are much clear and well-defined compared to the later PKTs (1922 edition is printed on the high-quality glossy papers; later ones are on coarse papers). Friends, please feel free to use them for personal purpose such as coloring or comparing.

Ah, lucifall. I understand what you want to say, and I bow back to you too.:)

Teheuti

Roppo - Thanks so much for these. Pixie's sideways signature seems very clear on this Fool card. Download and rotate sideways. I don't think there is much doubt about it!

lucifall

Thanks Roppo!

In this B&W Fool I really see a crocodile on the tunique!
Luci

jackdaw*

Roppo, that is EXACTLY what I have been looking for, for ... well, for ages.

I am going card-by-card through the Rider Waite this year, and I have thought that being able to colour my own version would greatly aid in my understanding. But all I have been able to find thus far are the slightly modified ones on the altreligion website, or low-res on the sacred texts website. So these are just marvellous. Thank you!!!!!

Have to echo everyone else's sentiments, too, on the difference between the Pam A and Pam B. I had no idea that there was such a discrepancy ...

hoo

Hello Kenji and Roppo- Thanx for all your hard work on your threads on this forum, and on your respective websites. They are valuable resources for the Tarot community.

If either of you were in Japan during the tsunami, I hope you are safe and well.

roppo

hello hoo,

Thanks a lot for your words. There's an saying in Japan, "You can flatter a pig into climbing a tree". Flatter us (especially kenji) and you'll see a spectacular tarot show! :D

Both kenji and I are all right: we are the residents of Fukuoka Pref., the least damaged area in the disaster. The northern situation is serious indeed, but I may say it's not the end of Japan.

Teheuti

I'm so glad to hear from you and that you are well. My heart & prayers go out to everyone there.

hoo

Great! Thanx for finding the time to reply
roppo said:
The northern situation is serious indeed, but I may say it's not the end of Japan.
No, I would say that "that is just not in the cards."

And speaking of cards, I just discovered Pamela Colman Smith at the very beginning of this year. Searching the web, I found your huge collection/monument and posts. I have been following your contributions ever since. These recent posts of the deck by you and Kenji are spectacular. Dover has published a CD/book with an RWS deck on it. The 2 digital facsimiles posted by you and Kenji are actually of a much higher quality. They are now precious keepsakes in the vast treasure-chest my computer has become.