View Single Post
Citizen

Aeon418 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Wondering
This is a huge verse. It figures.
A lot of people who read The Book of Law report feeling attracted towards certain verses. For me it turned out to be this verse. I can't really explain why. I just like it. I remember one day it was going round and around in my mind. I just couldn't drop it. A bit like a mantra I suppose.

Then a while back I saw a copy of Jim Eshelman's, Thelemic Tephilah. It's a selection of readings from the Thelemic Holy Books spread throughout the year.
http://aumha.org/arcane/tephilah.htm
Guess which verse corresponds with my birthday? It cemented the deal and we've been happily married ever since.
I'm talking about the verse, not Jim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Wondering
I never could get very worked up over the flesh eating in this line. It always reminded me of Psalms 23:5. It always made sense to me that mine enemies were inner. It's just that I couldn't much sense of it past that back then.
Here's one way to look at it that you might find helpful.

The unbalanced aspects of the Sephiroth are called the Qlipphoth - shells, husks. As you attempt to work the Sephiroth you are suddenly confronted by the unbalanced, qlipphotic aspects of yourself. To attain balance in any Sephirot you must re-integrate and re-absorb these unbalanced parts. The re-absorbtion of these "husks" could be likened to eating the flesh (outer skin) of the Heathen aspects of yourself.

Eating your enemies makes you Stronger!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6