Dusserre Dodal - Tarot de Marseille

le pendu

Perhaps you could put them in mermaid costumes and fake fangs? I hear that's all the rage. :)

Debra

Great idea! You crack me up. They'll love the fang enhancement, but I'd probably need to wear full battle uniform to get them into the mermaid tail costumes.

whipsilk

Assuming the seller will ship worldwide, I'll be bidding, er winning. I've been looking for a Dussere Dodal for some time (along with a Tarot de Paris). I love historical decks, and DO read with 'em, but for now only for myself and immediate family.

And both my Swiss 1JJ and my Soprafino indicate I'll win it, so why should anyone else even bother bidding? :)

Tesseljoan

I paid what would be considered too much for mine, but I still believe it's worth every euro.

I'll just be watching with a bowl of popcorn in my lap this time.

kb2000

dusserre dodal The Tarot de Marseille

Gosh - you are all making me nervous now. The deck will be listed without all this Hype, I'll concentrate on the cards and their condition. Yes, I did my research and yes I will be happy to make a few pounds shillings and pence if and when these sell or I could simply accept the offers I have had made and Spoil All the Fun. Good luck if you decide to bid.

thinbuddha

kb2000 said:
or I could simply accept the offers I have had made and Spoil All the Fun. Good luck if you decide to bid.

Oh- now you're yanking our collective chain. But seriously- I haven't offered you anything because I figured I'd wait for the ebay madness. Skipping ebay would crush us! You don't want to crush us, do you?

Abrac

In case anyone is interested, there are scans of the Dodal majors here. But I'm not sure if these are the originals or the Dusserre. Maybe someone else will know.

jmd

The images are of both the restoration by Jean-Claude Flornoy and of the BN versions. The BN version is of course the one that was used by Dusserre for its print-run.

As far as I'm aware, the images Flornoy obtained from the BN are the same photos as that used by Dusserre, hence are as correct (save for the border-cuttings) as the Dusserre version. I would be surprised if the BN had photographed the deck twice: once for Dusserre and another time for Flornoy.

Looking through the deck, then appear to me identical.

whipsilk

It's up (might as well let everyone know) and WOW, kb2000 -- over 2600 feedback items and 100% positive! That's VERY impressive. I didn't even think that was possible with all the ebay scammishness running rampant.

Even if I don't get it (oh, yes, I've already bid), I hope you find other decks, kb -- I'd bid in a second. I hope you do very well on this one.

le pendu

Thanks Whipsilk! I appreciate that you shared that with us.

Here is the link, I will remove it when the auction is over:

Good luck to everyone who bids, good luck to kb2000.