Did you ever succeed at using the Psycards?

G6

How's the Psycards Working Out?

Bumping this thread to get more user experiences with psycards.

Seems mixed results for divination and most don't feel the book is helpful for interpretation?

Anybody else using psycards and the book?

GoldenWolf

Awhile back, there was briefly a reading circle using the Psycards. As I recall, we all did some good readings for each other, but I think it's easier to do divination for others rather than it is for yourself. Definitely easier to be objective. I think this is the case with Tarot and other oracles too. When reading for myself, I tend to focus on why I am the way I am, root causes of situations, and so on instead of predictive readings. Maybe that's why the Psycards suit me.

I bought the cards because of Maggie Keen's artwork, but found them workable and useful once I actually sat down and did reading with them. I do have the Nick Hobson book (purchased as a set) and used it as a reference.

There is a website for the Psycards and they do sell some of the books there. So if you want to try to go further with them, I'd recommend the Hobson book. I don't have the other books so I can't comment on them. I don't know if the course listed on the web site is helpful or not. There may be other web resources out there. I know there are other threads here on AT discussing the different books. Hope this helps.

DownUnderNZer

On phone...haven't been on for a little while as life has been rather full on.

Anyways...

I carry them with me all the time, but have never considered any of my readings as being "predictive" really even with a time frame.

I think the person above is right - I remember in one practise circle with them some did it with and/or without the book.

I like the book as it does add substance and some cards are not literal just because of the word or picture on it. Eg Inheritance.

Of all my decks I love the Lenormand, Mystical Kipper, and Psychcards the most and these I have tried together (they compliment one another rather well)
and are my main go tos.

Love a few others too for different reasons.

Psycards are excellent especially for Psychological stuff, but they are not limited to just that at all.

Maybe by itself it is enough for the Psychological and with other tools it could add to predictive.

Nothing is set in stone no matter what except taxes and death. :D

Padma

You could always try Hazel Lee's free spread using the psycards to see if they are a tool you would enjoy using.

***(note to moderators, I am not affiliated to this website, nor do I know her, nor have I used her other services, nor am I advertising it, merely mentioning it for the use of the free draw site for information!)***

http://www.hazellee.com/free-psycard-reading.html

I have the set, (book and deck) but to be honest, I rarely use it. I think I used it about 5 times, when I first bought it. The system didn't really click with me.

ETA I think the book is integral, really. I don't think the cards would make a huge amount of sense otherwise. Although, you could use the cards like any other word-based oracle deck - using whatever word crops up as a kind of bibliomantic prophecy...

G6

You could always try Hazel Lee's free spread using the psycards to see if they are a tool you would enjoy using.

***(note to moderators, I am not affiliated to this website, nor do I know her, nor have I used her other services, nor am I advertising it, merely mentioning it for the use of the free draw site for information!)***

I have the set, (book and deck) but to be honest, I rarely use it. I think I used it about 5 times, when I first bought it. The system didn't really click with me.

ETA I think the book is integral, really. I don't think the cards would make a huge amount of sense otherwise. Although, you could use the cards like any other word-based oracle deck - using whatever word crops up as a kind of bibliomantic prophecy...

I bought the deck because I like the art. It has an lwb, so I'll try that first and see how it turns out. If it does wind up being bibliomantic prophecy (lol) or a straight up intuitive deck that would be fine too. I was looking at the Oracle X system and I'm interested in free form type decks.

Barleywine

Despite the growing "psychologization" of divination, the two are still animals of different kinds, in my opinion. And the more I try to work with the Psycards, the more I find them belonging to the realm of psychology...

Bingo! This exactly expresses my own impression of the modern approach to divination: it's being used more for psychological profiling than for getting under the skin of objective reality. Regarding the Psycards, I've had a number of previous conversations with Amanda about them; she seems to have been one of the biggest proponents of them here, but it looks like she's dropped out of sight. My interest in getting them has cooled, but the images still look intriguing and I could probably use them as well as any oracle (which isn't saying much, I suppose).

EmpressArwen

Thanks for the link,Padma! It did not go well...the "answers" to my questions were far too cryptic for my tastes and my intuition didn't ping at all with the images. hmmm.

danieljuk

I love my psycards! I don't use them too much because they can give quite intense readings but I have had some amazing readings for myself and others with them and I love the art! I am so glad to have them and the book by Nick Hobson himself in my collection.

Of any divination decks, I think they are the most psychological and they are based on Jungian concepts and archetypes (I mean pretty blatant archetypes and concepts) and so if you have an interest in psychology they are quite fascinating to use but I also use them intuitively!

From reading up about them after I bought them, they were quite a movement in the 80's when they came out and people would buy them by mail order from the creator Nick Hobson in London before the internet was around. He said that the cards brought him peace and control in his life at a traumatic time, he had a dream of the cards and made them with the illustrator Maggie Kneen. Recently he has retired from the deck and seems to have sold the business on. Some people in some areas of the world have had problems purchasing them but they are not OOP yet.

They are one of the fave oracles in my collection :thumbsup: I have had no problems reading with them.

delinfrey

I have just ordered the deck and I'm very excited to get acquainted with the system - I love the look of the cards and I think they have a definite place in my collection.

I think the trick might be letting go from whatever is familiar to you. I had been reading Tarot for over 15 years when I stumbled upon Lenormand - honestly, had I tried to use my Tarot skills on lenny, we would not have tread well. To accept the German-style hard logic was obviously difficult, but once you accept it, the results are eerily correct.

Eerily, because Tarot still leaves you wriggle room, and oracles oh heavens how much... I like lennis and kippers exactly because they don't need any wriggle room.

I still remember when I got my Kipper deck and thought I would try it out for fun - I really love lennies and wanted to see what the Kipper will do. I was in a tough spot at work where a lot was expected from me and I was due for a yearly bonus, however I was on the verge of quitting as I felt my creativity and spirit was completely trapped and stuck in a rut. The cards were Entrapment, Expectations and Unexpected Income. Yeah, I was kinda scared of the deck later on...

Psycards (I'm hoping) will be blunt and honest.