Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Nickigirl

For me, it was the Lover's Path Tarot Set. Yuck! Sappy and disgusting. But, I did give it away to someone who wanted a second copy of it! ;) So clearly, tarot tastes differ! LOL

Merchendiver

I actually have a deck that I love but I regret buying it. IT is so big, I have had it for years and have NEVEr been able to figure out how to shuffle it properly. The Tarot of Dreams. I think I have used it like twice in actual readings because it is so huge. I am actually kind of depressed about that,because they are such beautiful cards.

karenquilter

Krystophe said:
I'm curious...are you referring to the actual color of the images, or the overall outlook of the deck?
This is about the Tarot of Prague. I'm referring to the color in the images. Just not my cup of tea.
K

teaguejb

Tarot of the Witches and Golden Tarot (Liz Dean). I thought I would really like the very, very simplistic Tarot of the Witches (more iconographic than illustrated, with non-illustrated numbered cards). Nope. Didn't like it. I thought I would like the Golden Tarot better. Not really. Still too simplistic (also non-illustrated numbered cards).

callistoluna

The Rider Waite deck- I just hate the colouring. I have bought it 3 times and given it away because I have tried to like it (being traditional deck and most of my decks are based on this one). I have a mini Rider Waite deck that I still hate but do occasionally use. I have the Universal Waite and I like that one - I think the soft colours appeal to my eye.

I want to get the Commemorative set, but I'm scared I'll be disappointed and give it away again....

I also haven't clicked with the Enchanted Tarot - I like it but can't read with it! I bought it based on the reviews and although it is pretty, it isn't my thing.

Debra

Every time I buy the Tarot of the Old Path and the Crowley Thoth, I wish I hadn't.

I am failing to learn from experience with these two.

quintessence

The Crowly Thoth works pretty smoothly for me, but the Liber T still has a belligerent attitude and standoffishness that used to just puzzle me. I gave it space and time, practiced patience, but I'm getting to the point where I wish I hadn't bought it - is there time enough in the universe for my nature to interface with this deck?

Aerin

Debra said:
Every time I buy the Tarot of the Old Path and the Crowley Thoth, I wish I hadn't.

I am failing to learn from experience with these two.

LOL!

I ended up keeping my 3rd Thoth just so it would stop wibbling at me. I have one. OK? I don't use it, but it is there. One of mine is somewhere in South America (I seem to remember) and another went to Prague.

Old Path - so wanted to like it, so didn't.

Pam O

I am tripping on how many people in this string are so against the Osho Zen. That has been one of my very favorite decks since the '90s, and it's one of the decks I usually always have on me. Actually, it was the first deck I could read without a book. Osho Zen has also been a popular deck people choose to have me read from. Wow, kind of a trip! But it really does break my heart to hear about burning. I would really like to to save any Osho's from burning. I will pay shipping and find them new happy homes.

I too have trouble with the Liber T. I want to get it, but I'm stuck on the bestiality and have not got past it yet. I am going to find a way to work with it someday. Also, Voyager was my very first deck in 1992 and it's still brand new. I'm actually planning on taking a course from James Wanless when he comes to SF because I really want to connect with Voyager.

I've bought Deviant Moon twice and let it go twice. It's currently #1 on the "Top Deck of all Time" for 2009 here on Aeclectic.

I can't stand the TAROT OF GEMSTONES AND CRYSTALS DECK. I am a rock & crystal junkie and have a huge collection. The stones assigned to the cards feel all wrong to me. I wish someone would come up with a good Crystal Tarot.

Anyway, this is a very interesting string. It's all good. : ) Very mind expanding!

Pam O

callistoluna said:
The Rider Waite deck- I just hate the colouring. I have bought it 3 times and given it away because I have tried to like it (being traditional deck and most of my decks are based on this one). I have a mini Rider Waite deck that I still hate but do occasionally use. I have the Universal Waite and I like that one - I think the soft colours appeal to my eye.

I want to get the Commemorative set, but I'm scared I'll be disappointed and give it away again....

I also haven't clicked with the Enchanted Tarot - I like it but can't read with it! I bought it based on the reviews and although it is pretty, it isn't my thing.
I recommend NOT to buy the Commemorative set. It's not right. Holly Voley is a RWS expert and has the largest collection of RWS decks I know of. Last year at BATS she showed many things wrong with the Commemorative set. She actually has a very old RWS that she showed us. http://home.comcast.net/~vilex/