View Single Post
Citizen

Hooked on TdM 
Citizen

I just quoted some of the questions I think are a bit problematic so I can explain why. (please note I do not read pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabyrinthOfDreams
Are you comfortable with the fact that I do read for myself and I am aware of the "book meaning" behind each card?
Really this is two questions in one. I think the first part is fine, the second one not so much. Many people use different systems, different type cards, intuitive meanings, etc.. Your book meaning could be absolutely meaningless if it's not from the same deck, and that person doesn't use this particular system. If you are looking for someone who reads exactly what and how you do, you might be better off just reading for yourself.

Quote:
How do you think that the tarot works?
This to me would be problematic, in that it's a philosophical question. I could spend an hour trying to explain this.. Perhaps ask them if they have a Code of Ethics and could you see it instead?

Quote:
Do you use reversals?
Again this poses the same problem as you knowing book meanings. Reversals are so individual and someone could read entirely without them, or have degrees of it, read with ED's, or like me have dual meanings in each card to begin with... I think a better rephrasing would be asking them what style or system they use to read with to give you a better idea of how they read.

Quote:
Have you studied psychology (Such as Jung) and do you apply that to your interpretations of the cards?
This is the same as above and is also somewhat philosophical.

Quote:
Are you comfortable with my active participation during the reading?
I agree with others this really needs to be defined. M said it perfectly.

Quote:
Are you put on the defensive by sitters who have a prior understanding of the tarot?
Instead of asking why not just let them know that you read tarot and gauge their reaction from that. It's better then getting their backs up before you even begin.

Quote:
What type of spread will you be using for my reading if any are used at all and why?
This completely depends on what questions you ask, what subject it is.. etc... Some people use one size fits all, some don't, some don't use them, some just do what feels right. Again this is so individual.

I'm really curious as to the why's behind these particular questions.. are there different ways of reading that you don't agree with or think is invalid? Or are you just trying to find a reader that has a method you are more familiar with?

Hooked
Top   #5