What's his game? PoC & The Fool

dlalex

I'm curious what the Page of Cups and The Fool together as action towards myself by an 'ex' so to speak- someone who I had a very brief & intense 'start' to what seemed like a sure thing (by his own advances, not mine) only for him to get cold feet & drop off the face of the earth almost entirely haha. He is now seeing someone new, knowing he royally left me in the lurch, but maintains some contact with me.
My idea of the page of cups is quite an immature, young, almost inexperienced kind of 'crush', but emotionally sentimental all the same. This is fitting for him in a few ways- he is younger than me, hasn't had many relationships, is a Water sign, & even when we were together told me when he met me he felt shy like a 12 year old boy.
As for the fool, I know this is related to air, which could mean communication, but given the circumstances & his reasons of us ending & his new relationship I highly doubt itd be anymore than what there already is, just occasional chat. Also not that I pulled it, but under the fool was the hermit.
Thoughts?

Loki3

I think both the PoC represents you and the Fool is your new beginning (not with your ex). The PoC being the person embarking on that new path without your ex, who has room to grow and develop their emotions and handling of relationships.

I think it's saying that you'll ultimately learn a lot from this and from here on out.

Barleywine

I also like the idea of the Page of Cups and the Fool as showing a new emotional beginning for you rather than anything to do with him.

But for the sake of argument, let's assume it's him. The most useful meaning for the Page of Cups I encountered recently was as the "actor" among the court cards (this was because in the RWS deck he appears to be standing on a stage talking to a fish), one who can put on any mask or face he chooses. By staying in contact with you he could be trying to keep his options open, relying on your assumption of his innocence to keep you engaged.

PAMUYA

This came to mind when I read this combo of cards. What is his game? Page of Cup and the Fool, The wandering lover, incapable or too immature to having a meaningful relationship. Since it is the Page of Cups, I feel it is not a love and the leave them scenario, it is more of a not capable, or physiological issues. Being shy is a part of this issue, cannot have true emotional intimacy.