time - how to determine the cards/seasons

Mom216

Hello - I am trying to figure out how to line up the seasons/time frames using regular playing cards. There are 13 weeks to a season - and the seasons are based on the lunar calandar.

So right now it is spring (3/20 - 6/20) or 91 days

Here is where I get confused....

Summer (6/21 - 9/22) summer solstice or 94 days

Fall (9/23 - 12/20) fall equinox or 88 days

Winter (12/21 -3/18) or 93 days

What am I doing wrong?? Thank you!!

Chiska

Hello - I am trying to figure out how to line up the seasons/time frames using regular playing cards. There are 13 weeks to a season - and the seasons are based on the lunar calandar.

So right now it is spring (3/20 - 6/20) or 91 days

Here is where I get confused....

Summer (6/21 - 9/22) summer solstice or 94 days

Fall (9/23 - 12/20) fall equinox or 88 days

Winter (12/21 -3/18) or 93 days

What am I doing wrong?? Thank you!!

For one thing, you are missing a couple of days between the end of winter and the start of spring. :)

Mom216

Hmmmm

Thank you!

The starting dates of the seasons is determined by the solstice and equinox. Spring starts on the equinox (3/20), summer starts on the solstice (6/21) - Fall starts on the equinox (9/23 or 94 days). I'm trying to line up the 13 weeks/91 days of each season to a standard calendar (ace - king = 13 weeks in the season. Hearts = spring, Clubs = Summer, Spades = Autumn, Diamonds =Winter.) I'm pretty sure there is a simple answer - I just haven't figured it out.

LadyMarian

Timing Events

Here is a link to an article about "Poor Boy's Tarot."
http://www.carolinaconjure.com/playing-cards.html
At the bottom of the page is a paragraph about "Timing Events with Playing Cards."
This might be of some help to you about corresponding seasons and weeks with the cards.