Earth Wisdom Oracle by Barbara Moore

RavenOfSummer

Thanks for the heads-up! I got it from Book Depository US for $14.93 with free shipping, due to be delivered either next week or the following week.

How are you getting on with this deck Barleywine? I saw your post in the other thread that the book isn't very much help.

Barleywine

How are you getting on with this deck Barleywine? I saw your post in the other thread that the book isn't very much help.

Nicely, thanks! I've been using it for an additional pull at the end of my daily 4-card draw with the DruidCraft, treating it as a "summary" card to replace the quintessence (which hasn't been telling me much). Because it's a fairly large deck dimensionally (only slightly smaller than the DruiidCraft), it works well, the only thing being that many of the cards are dark-toned (and they all have black borders), where the DruidCraft is fairly light. But the Celtic imagery makes it a good companion until I find one that it's more visually compatible with.

To be honest, I need to dig into the card meanings in the book a little more. I couldn't penetrate it past the first couple of pages because of the atrocious editing job.

RavenOfSummer

Nicely, thanks! I've been using it for an additional pull at the end of my daily 4-card draw with the DruidCraft, treating it as a "summary" card to replace the quintessence (which hasn't been telling me much). Because it's a fairly large deck dimensionally (only slightly smaller than the DruiidCraft), it works well, the only thing being that many of the cards are dark-toned (and they all have black borders), where the DruidCraft is fairly light. But the Celtic imagery makes it a good companion until I find one that it's more visually compatible with.

To be honest, I need to dig into the card meanings in the book a little more. I couldn't penetrate it past the first couple of pages because of the atrocious editing job.

Sounds like a great pairing! I've been intrigued by this deck since first coming across is...glad it it working well for you so far :)

It is disappointing about the book though. Hard to see how they could allow that to happen.

Glass Owl

I love the art style of this deck. I was surprised that many if the cards feature night scenes but I actually really enjoy that. As the booklet is skimpy, this is a deck that I'd like to journal with and maybe use for a deck study. I have tried to pair it with other oracle decks but I'm still trying to find a good match up.