Aspects

tiger lily

Do you use only the "Major Aspects" or do you also take the "Minor Aspects" into account? Would you list a Quintile under the Minor section?

I have a Quintile that connects a Sun/Venus/Chiron and a Mars/Jupiter conjunction, so I tend to view it as not unimportant. But I am not sure about the difference between a Quintile and a Trine. The interpretations for Quintiles are "talents, creativity, gifts or blessings" - isn´t this what a Trine is about: things getting accopmlished with ease and without effort? That´s what I´d call talent or blessing.

How would you define the difference between a Quintile and a Trine?

purplelady

eeeek! I think I may have to take Advanced astrology/astronomy/geometry!! sorry! In "The only astrology book you'll ever need" by Joanna Martine Woolfolk, it lists various pages in the index for "trine" but has no listing for "quintile". Unless perhaps she is using another name for this aspect?

bec

hmmm
is quintile the same as quinqunx ???

AquarianGoddess

Bec,

A quintile and quincunx are two different aspects.

A quincunx or inconjunct is a distance of 150 degrees. It means "an adjustment" is needed.

A quintile is a distance of 72 degrees (I think). I don't use the minor aspects because there a pain in the neck!