Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Community > New Members > New Member Archive

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

peaceandkarma 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzaroonie View Post
Hi everyone, thanks for the kind welcomes
I am working with the Sharman-Casseli deck at the moment, but I am looking at adding the Aleister Crowley Thoth deck and also the 1JJ Swiss soon, I'm interested to see how the symbology differs and whether results will differ greatly, but for the meantime I am very happy with my S-C deck and getting to know it.
I only got a deck out of interest so I'm SO surprised to find that I feel such positive energy actually from my cards when I hold them, like in Harry Potter, it's how I imagine it would feel when a wand chooses the wizard
So far I only have the Sharman-Caselli and the Rider Waite decks so far, but I'll hopefully add to the very soon.
Old 20-10-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #11
Kali Kitty 
Citizen

Hi there! Welcome, and I feel the need to warn you that the 1JJ Swiss was my first deck and is extreeeeeeemely dull! Very boring images. Did nothing for me, except allure me with the cheerful Sun trump.

If you are interested in learning the fundamentals about tarot, may I recommend you make a study of the Thoth tarot and the Rider Waite, as those are the two main "systems" that most other decks take their lead from, so that they are likely to be readable and therefore popular and profitable in the existing tarot world. The Robin Wood deck is a very good "clone" of the Rider Waite, with very strong colour symbolism to aid in grasping the suits. The Thoth deck took 5 years to complete, and Robin Wood's deck took 10. I think they're great learning decks and if you can grasp those two systems, you'll be able to read with just about any deck. Ooh, and the Marseilles is really a better choice than the 1JJ Swiss if you want to see the very roots of tarot. It's purportedly the very first tarot deck to be produced in the 14th century and the majors are very cool.

Oops. Did I rant at you?? lol. Sorry.
Old 20-10-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #12
Tuilirose 
Trying to move on gracefully

Hello Luzaroonie,

I so agree with Kali Kitty, at the beginning it is better to stick with learning a lot about one system, the Rider Waite is the more universally used, before going on to others.

I would like to know more about the Thoth, and, I occasionally read the thread dedicated to Thoth Deck study, but, speaking for myself, there is so much to keep me learning, just with R-W, that I have not ventured into Aleister Crowley's world yet.

Welcome, I know you will love AT.
Old 21-10-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #13
Trogon 
Citizen

Howdy Lauren! Welcome to the Forums! As you can see, even your introduction will get responses here. A.T. is a good place with a very positive atmosphere. I hope you enjoy your time and learn a lot (I know I certainly have).

I don't think I've looked at the Sharman-Caselli Tarot before. It's a beautiful deck from the looks of the pictures here on A.T. (A.T. has information on a huge variety of decks - just in case you haven't discovered that yet; http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/list.shtml. That might help you when you want to start branching out to some other decks.)

Looking forward to your posts!

"A famous person once said; 'you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time' ... but, as I (an even more famous person) say; 'if you don't teach them to read, you can fool them whenever you like!'"
[Max Headroom]
Old 22-10-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #14

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today