The De-Enabling Thread

Rusty Neon

You're looking constantly at a particular deck or book and feel a great urge to buy it. However, deep in your gut, you hope that some person or persons will talk you out of buying it. Then this is the thread for it! Tell us what you're planning to buy, why you want to buy it, why you're hesitating, and hopefully someone on the list will be able to talk you out of it!

Shalott

Vargo's Gothic. So many reasons to NOT buy it yet...it's so darkly beautiful...
Reasons NOT to:
1)I'm trying to collect Marseille decks for study purposes right now and therefore...
2)...I just can't afford to get a deck I probably won't use at this time because...
3)...I really want to focus on Marseille right now.

But it's so darkly beautiful!!!

Rusty Neon

Shalott said:
Vargo's Gothic. So many reasons to NOT buy it yet...it's so darkly beautiful...
Reasons NOT to:
1)I'm trying to collect Marseille decks for study purposes right now and therefore...
2)...I just can't afford to get a deck I probably won't use at this time because...
3)...I really want to focus on Marseille right now.

But it's so darkly beautiful!!!

Warning:
De-Enabling in progress:

The Vargo's Gothic, as attractive as you may find it, is but a RWS clone. You undoubtedly already have more than one examplar based on the RWS. Artwork should be secondary to concept. You already have sufficient number of decks of the RWS concept.

You indicate an interest to focus on the Marseille. Be not distracted by new non-Marseille decks. The Marseille is a worthwhile endeavour. Save your money to buy a 1760 Conver (preferably a Héron), primordial to Marseille studies.

jlbvt

The Guilded Tarot

Tarot of Atlantis (not yet released)

The Spiral Tarot

Good Luck talking me out of it... The only reason I hesitate is because I don't have extra money to spend yet.

Shalott

Rusty Neon said:
Warning:
De-Enabling in progress:

The Vargo's Gothic, as attractive as you may find it, is but a RWS clone. You undoubtedly already have more than one examplar based on the RWS. Artwork should be secondary to concept. You already have sufficient number of decks of the RWS concept.

You indicate an interest to focus on the Marseille. Be not distracted by new non-Marseille decks. The Marseille is a worthwhile endeavour. Save your money to buy a 1760 Conver (preferably a Héron), primordial to Marseille studies.

Thanks...that should tide me over for a while! :D

Shalott

jlbvt said:
The Guilded Tarot

The Spiral Tarot

Good Luck talking me out of it... The only reason I hesitate is because I don't have extra money to spend yet.

I can help ya out of the Spiral, I think:
The minors seem to go off on a whole separate concept than the majors...personally I would find that distracting.

The other two..., well, I can't help that intervention!!!

Anna

I can help ya out of the Spiral, I think:
The minors seem to go off on a whole separate concept than the majors...personally I would find that distracting.

I aggree, the minors are a huge disapointment. Its almost like they are from an entirely different deck.

lol, this is a good thread Rusty Neon!

I need de-enabling on the World Spirit deck :D

Cerulean

Ahem, here's my try...

The Guilded Tarot

You don't need that deck--you can save your money for the Gilded Tarot, which is readily available. (Okay, I failed on that one, I think I know what you meant).
------------------------------------------------------------

This deck will destroy your world. You will run to Alidastore.com and order it because you cannot wait...
You will want to discover the secrets of lost civilizations and hunt about Plato and Mediterranian legends of Atlantis in old bookstores and gently hint to others on-line that Atlantis probably isn't in the Pacific Ocean...no wait, that's me. (Another Failure--bad, bad Cerulean)

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Spiral Tarot

No real need for that one, because you can save for the new one by Kay Steventon, the Celestial Tarot by U.S. Games. Save the pennies for old versions of the Spiral at abebooks.com or half or discount...Don't dare do a search at fetchbook.com for the cheapest price...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

lionette

I'm laughing while typing, so please excuse any typos -- good thread, Rusty!!

You don't really want that Tarot of Atlantis, do you ... during frequently it'll probably will make your fingers prune :D

dolphingirl

Oh I can help with the World Spirit deck this one just freaks me out!

My appoligies to those who love this deck but....

World Spirit Sun card - Alfred E. Newman meets tarot in a BAD BAD way (Yikes)

World Spirit Devil card - Just to freaky for me

Samantha