Choose Five Decks Only for Your Collection?

RiverRunsDeep

Hypothetically, if you had to limit your collection to just four decks; an RWS-, a Thoth- or GD-based deck, a TdM, and a Lenormand; which four would you choose?
Also, let's say you're allowed one other type of deck, such as an oracle, what five would they be?

Grrrrr.....this is a tough decision.

My RWS deck would be my RK Astrology of Love. Weird choice, I know, but it is a weird deck that has haunted me from the moment I owned it. My Thoth choice would be my greenie Thoth, and the TdM would be my Soprafino (Meneghello). Lenormand? It would have to be Mysteries of the Old Castle to satisfy my need for a darker deck. And an Oracle....either Oracle of Shadows or Graven Images....more dark decks.

For purposes of this thread, I followed the "rules", but in reality, I would ditch all of the oracles, Lenormands, TdMs, and Thoths, and grab as many RWS decks as I could carry!

MissChiff

Daniloff....
Any ol Thoth...
Ancient Itallian.....or Le Tarot Noir
Game of Hope...that I own..��
Belline Oracle..

Gwynydd

This thread prompted me to start a new discussion about how many decks you need, specifically in reference to this quote from Barleywine:

Hypothetically, if you had to limit your collection to just four decks; an RWS-, a Thoth- or GD-based deck, a TdM, and a Lenormand; which four would you choose?

Also, let's say you're allowed one other type of deck, such as an oracle, what five would they be?

Firstly, the idea of only owning this many decks upsets me greatly :p

Anyway: Rider Waite Smith: Centennial deck.
Thoth: Just the Thoth, for now, since I don't own any Thoth decks :D one day.
A TdM: The Fournier (I don't yet have it, but want it!)
Lenormand: Blaue Eule.
Oracle: The Enchanted Map Oracle.

Nemia

The first three are easy and I have them in my collection.

Centennial.

Thoth.

CBD.

Lenormand? I have the Blue Owl and I don't really need another Lenormand, but maybe the Revolutionary Lenormand?

Oracle? I really have no idea.

RavenLuna

RWS - Druidcraft Tarot
Thoth - Large trimmed Thoth
TdM - I gave all mine away, so I'll have the Wildwood Tarot instead
Lenormand - Celtic Lenormand
Oracle - Druid Animal and Plant Oracles merged into one deck

I'm so predictable. Basically, I need Will Worthington to make a Thoth-style deck :D

Marcus R

Ok, asking us Tarot people to only have 5 decks is torture, you know that don't you.

Thoth greenie
Bonefire
Conver TdM
French Cartomancy
Enchanted map

<sigh> all the decks I would have to leave behind <sigh>.
Good thing I don't have too many.

think

Exciting.

Well I don't have (yet) Lennie or Thoth or Oracles. But it doesn't stop me wishing.

So:

RWS - Morgan Greer (although I NEVER use this, I use Crystal Visions or Gilded mostly)
Thoth - Thoth (which may have just fallen into my shopping basket, oops)
TdM - Jodorowsky
Lenormand - Russian Lenormand
Oracle - Astrology Reading Cards

rubyalison

I know there are rules but since I don't use Thoth or TdM or Lenormand, can I just pick more RWS?

If I'm really only allowed 1 RWS plus an oracle, then:
All Hallows Tarot
Devas of Creation

If I can add 3 more, then also:
Eight Coins Tattoo Tarot
Centennial Smith Waite in Tin
Runes (even though I haven't learned to read them yet)

That was tough. I really feel like I need at least 5 tarot and 3 oracle, plus the runes, to be happy.

baconwaffles

Well, no Thoth for me, nor explicit RWS, but in a roundabout way the Wildwood tarot. Someday, but not at the moment. My four would be:
Jean Noblet (my prized possession, my precious)
The Spanish Tarot (my favorite TDM)
Le Tarot Noir (Gothic TDM for those dark days)
For the last one it would have to be between the blue owl lenormand or the Wildwood tarot. When I have the Maybe Lenormand than it would be that deck for the fourth place.