Mary El Tarot - The Aces

Ms. Jocelyn

Wish you would write an e-book for this deck

thank you for very kind words :) :love:

Update on Ace of Cups:
The Angel represents a woman who is forgetting how to love... Oval, egg-shaped picture also refers to female principle (earth = woman, ovaries = fertility)...
Nowadays, it is very hard to stay a woman... women have too many roles and expectations in present world. have to be workers, mothers, wives, housewives... This card is about staying in your center and even though having multiple roles, knowing who you are and what you want inside... If woman forgets about what she wants anymore, she starts to do her roles as a slave in a routine... she goes to work, she takes care of husband and children, she tries to stay pretty on the outside, but inside she is becoming drained out and literally starved like in the picture... It is about a woman who is on the outside perfect mother, worker, family keeper, good-looking... but inside, she forgot how to be herself due to different roles and is slowly drained out and dying... the important thing here is that she believes she needs to sacrifice herself (her needs and wants, the center of the stomach with hole in it)... to make others happy... but when shes not happy inside, she can make a perfect slave, yet she will forget how to shine love and positivy and her life will turn into grey mist... this card is about realizing that sacrificing for others wont make them happy, you will exhaust yourself and be unfullfiled over time, and you will start to see others that youre serving as parasites living off you (snake on woman's chest)... thats the case of those perfect mothers and wives that provide excellent service, but are constantly moody, unhappy and irritated... children and husband dont need a slave, they need a wife and a mother... a husband would rather have loving wife with no warm dinner, than inside-dead wife with flawless household...

I have been working on and off with this deck for about 6 months now. It is very dense and I found the book that came with it lacking. I love your deep and thought out interpretations of the cards.

You SHOULD write and e-book, for this deck. I would surely buy it!

JadoreHauteCouture

I have been working on and off with this deck for about 6 months now. It is very dense and I found the book that came with it lacking. I love your deep and thought out interpretations of the cards.

You SHOULD write and e-book, for this deck. I would surely buy it!

oh wow... thanks for the compliment... i was actually thinking about writing a book and also about Mary-el since no one else did so far... so i guess i should meditate bout it and see if i should pursue the idea...

Bat Chicken

Holes in the stomach - Stomach represent the center. Before we were born, the fetus was connected to mother via stomach, thats how we were getting all the nutritions, otherwise we would die. Source of life. What comes to my mind is Paolo Coelho's book "The Witch of Portobello". Stomach is where the digestion takes place, how we digest what we see around us... how we respond to it... also our primary insticts... Sometimes he know we should but there is this strong feeling in our guts that we shouldnt even though we dont know why...
All holes tell us what we are looking for in outter world but is actually already inside of us..

I can't say I buy into a lot of the larger post from which I quoted. There seems to be too much personal bias and specificity, getting away from what I believe to be the foundation of the Mary-el. HOWEVER, this is a fantastic little nugget. With the Aces being the elements in the purest form it alludes to where we begin, a seat of unconscious behaviour. I will have to think on this a while, but this is a great insight worth deeper exploration.