Thoughts on Penelope Dreamweaver?

lunar_rabbit

I tried a little exercise last night, where I asked the faeries who represents my spirit guide? Now, I didn't do much meditation or 'official reading rituals', but I never do, because they seem to get impatient with me when I try to do stuff like that. I normally just pull out the deck and pretty much say, "Hi faeries" and then we start.

So I mentally asked this question, fully expecting Solus to come up, because he is the card I feel most spiritually connected with. And Penelope Dreamweaver came up. Now, I almost put it back and reshuffled because it didn't make much sense to me. But I got distracted and wound up looking through my new Glastonbury Tarot instead, where without asking any questions I chose the Sun card (which to me is akin to Solus) and the Lovers. I don't necessarily know if the two were related, but these were the first cards I have ever drawn from this deck and I took it as a good sign that we will have a good connection.

But back to Penelope, I had her very much on my mind when I went to bed last night, and feel just as baffled as I did when I first chose her -- or she chose me! lol

I am feeling a big mental block about how to decipher this. I was hoping to open a discussion about your thoughts/feelings about her in general. And if anyone has an particular insight about my situation that would be great, too. I did a quick search, but it doesn't look as if she has been discussed in depth before.

Thanks!
LR

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
I tried a little exercise last night, where I asked the faeries who represents my spirit guide? Now, I didn't do much meditation or 'official reading rituals', but I never do, because they seem to get impatient with me when I try to do stuff like that. I normally just pull out the deck and pretty much say, "Hi faeries" and then we start.

So I mentally asked this question, fully expecting Solus to come up, because he is the card I feel most spiritually connected with. And Penelope Dreamweaver came up. Now, I almost put it back and reshuffled because it didn't make much sense to me. But I got distracted and wound up looking through my new Glastonbury Tarot instead, where without asking any questions I chose the Sun card (which to me is akin to Solus) and the Lovers. I don't necessarily know if the two were related, but these were the first cards I have ever drawn from this deck and I took it as a good sign that we will have a good connection.

But back to Penelope, I had her very much on my mind when I went to bed last night, and feel just as baffled as I did when I first chose her -- or she chose me! lol

I am feeling a big mental block about how to decipher this. I was hoping to open a discussion about your thoughts/feelings about her in general. And if anyone has an particular insight about my situation that would be great, too. I did a quick search, but it doesn't look as if she has been discussed in depth before.

Thanks!
LR

Well you know I am just starting with the deck and do not know Penelope, although it may be significant that she is Brian's card he feels most associated with.

And of course you are the one who best knows your life situation and can best decipher the meaning.

That being said, this is my standard advice when this happens in Tarot and I would think it applies here too. I am sure the card came up because it and Penlelope had something they needed to tell you and that you need to know. And I think you know that and that is why it has been on your mind.

I would take out the deck again and ask. Tell the faeries "There was a message you tried to give me that I did not understand. What was Penelope trying to (or sent to) teach me.

Hope this helps, the second reading will likely clarify things.

Bar

PS, Do you have the book Good Faeries/Bad Faeries? A lot of the faeries in the deck are there with different info. In case this helps GF/BF says of her:

"Dream Weaver: Here is Penelope, my dream weaver. Sitting at my drawing board, she is my creative guide into the faery realms. Stalight shimmers around her, a visible form of the cosmic energy patterns that flow through everyhing. At the luminous point where inspirational energies (focused downward from the heavens) and nurturing energy (focused upwards from the earth) meet in harmony and balance, Penelope's faery form springs forth, spirit manifest as matter.

We talk of intelligence or gifted people as being bright and dazzling. We say we have a bright idea, a flash of intuition or we speak of gaining enlightenment. When we look at faeries, we see all these things made visible in glorious form. Penelope, like all faeries, is luminous (self-illuminating, a revelation to the self). She is a bright vessel of natural wisdom and exquisite faery grace.

By calling on this faery's help we create focused energy and open ourselves up to a higher intuition. She shows us how to reconnect to heavenly and earthly power. Take the glowing gift of inspiration she holds out to you to guide you on your journey, leading you to all your might be. And remember, like this faery, to keep a light and open heart--for self-illumination is the brightest light of all."

Actually there seems to be a lot of useful info in there. What a beautiful card!

Bar

lunar_rabbit

SunChariot said:
That being said, this is my standard advice when this happens in Tarot and I would think it applies here too. I am sure the card came up because it and Penlelope had something they needed to tell you and that you need to know. And I think you know that and that is why it has been on your mind.

Gee... thanks. ;-) I almost groaned when i read that because it reminds me of my mom saying "I think you already know the answer to that question." ROFL! But I'm sure you're right. In fact, as I was off making dinner for the kids I practically heard Penelope say "Why are you asking them?" Maybe I'll sleep with her in my bedroom tonight and see if she can weave something in my dreams.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to type out all that info from the GF/BF book. I do not have that one, and what you wrote out was very enlightening. I may have to pick that one up next time I go to the bookstore though. I had an inkling that it might help me find my #0 card, too.

LR

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
Gee... thanks. ;-) I almost groaned when i read that because it reminds me of my mom saying "I think you already know the answer to that question." ROFL! But I'm sure you're right. In fact, as I was off making dinner for the kids I practically heard Penelope say "Why are you asking them?" Maybe I'll sleep with her in my bedroom tonight and see if she can weave something in my dreams.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to type out all that info from the GF/BF book. I do not have that one, and what you wrote out was very enlightening. I may have to pick that one up next time I go to the bookstore though. I had an inkling that it might help me find my #0 card, too.

LR

Sorry, not trying to be your Mom. LOL

There's nothing wrong with asking. That's why we're all here. But the fact that you did not let it drop and were puzzling over it shows that you knew what she had to tell you was important.

And you're very welcome.

It is a beautiful book and many of the same faeries in the deck are there, if not most of them, and many others too. Although the Bad Faeries half did scare me somewhat. Slowly getting over it though, in large part to your advice. :)

Bar

PS, I think I am sticking to my original idea for the 0 card. I want to paste on it a beautiful nature scene and over that to one side a photo of me as a young child. Then I guess it will need a scealant. Unless I photocopy it then glue that on instead. I think it will be my "inner child" card, and I like the idea of "a part of me" becoming part of the deck.:)

Can't wait to hear what you do. The 0 card really fascinates me. I love to hear what people do with it. :)

FaeryGodmother

I like Penelope Dreamweaver. Whenever she comes up I wonder who my Inspiration Faery is. As Penelope is Brian Frouds 'muse', whenever she comes up I sort of mentally see her with other Inspiration faeries. I wonder if its one faery per person or do they do double duties with several humans to inspire? Hundreds maybe? That would make them very busy faeries.

I also think about what exactly it is they inspire people with. Penelope often shows up for me when things aren't going my way or if I'm getting repetative thoughts about some idea or other. Creatively, (for some weird warped reason) I do best when I'm feeling low or sad or angry. When I'm happy I just have nothing to say (I just sit there with a big grin or dance or something). So I have associated Penelope in my head with situations that need to be worked out. When things are going well its a no brainer- they are going well; but when they aren't there's often something deeper that needs to be looked at or worked on or expressed. And I think thats where the Inspiration faeries come in. (At least mine does).

For working out what Penelope means to you, lunar_rabbit perhaps you could ask yourself what inspires you? When do you most feel the need to express your creativity? When you are happy or sad, angry or lonely? And then you need to ask yourself what you do with those inspirations. Because the last thing any of us wants is a bored Inspiration faery. You never know what they'll get up to!, LOL

much love
FGM

lunar_rabbit

What I did with Penelope turned out to be very interesting. I took what you guys were saying to heart, and realized that she wasn't telling me that she was my guide she was saying that my guide would appear to me in my dreams. So I took Penelope into my bedroom and propped her up on my nightstand.

That night I had the most amazing dream! I posted about part of it in another thread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=40854 . And there was even more to it than that.

What the jist of it was after my very complicated and thought provoking research, was that I need to deal with some past issues before I can be in direct contact with my spirit guide. This guide is with me to help me do that -- a manifestation of the Egyptian Sekhmet/Bast. Isn't that weird... absolutely nothing to do with faeries as far as I know! However, since Solus is so "Leo"ish and so is Sekmet.. who knows?

Or maybe spirit guides come and go? I'm not sure.

So I am still somewhat confused, but I do feel like I have a direction to go in now. Penelope was very helpful!

SunChariot

lunar_rabbit said:
What I did with Penelope turned out to be very interesting. I took what you guys were saying to heart, and realized that she wasn't telling me that she was my guide she was saying that my guide would appear to me in my dreams. So I took Penelope into my bedroom and propped her up on my nightstand.

That night I had the most amazing dream! I posted about part of it in another thread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=40854 . And there was even more to it than that.

What the jist of it was after my very complicated and thought provoking research, was that I need to deal with some past issues before I can be in direct contact with my spirit guide. This guide is with me to help me do that -- a manifestation of the Egyptian Sekhmet/Bast. Isn't that weird... absolutely nothing to do with faeries as far as I know! However, since Solus is so "Leo"ish and so is Sekmet.. who knows?

Or maybe spirit guides come and go? I'm not sure.

So I am still somewhat confused, but I do feel like I have a direction to go in now. Penelope was very helpful!

Very happy to hear that Penelope was helpful and that you have a direction to go in now. I think some things we are meant to come to understand slowly. That way they stay in your memory longer. :)

Wishing you all the best on your quest,

Bar.

geministar

I drew Penelope as my faery companion today. At first I wasnt quite sure why but I noticed the light around her hands and thought the reason was because I am wanting to get to know some of my decks more. Anything can be a form of creativity and getting creative with my decks is something I want to do more of and something I enjoy.

She also reminds me not to be negative as it suppresses my creativity and blocks any goodness from coming into my life.

I just wondered what other peoples experiences with Penelope Dreamweaver were?

sagitarian

I drew her as my daily draw in the traveling faeries just the other day. She looks so magical, and I like the explanation of how she takes the very essence of Magic, and manifest it into material form. (I can definitely see how Penelope is Brian's guide into the faeries realm, and helping him to manifest them correctly).

I was thinking about this concept, and re-read what I wrote about all the work I've done, sifting through multiple Therapists and Doctors to find the right people to work with. It does feel almost magical that I finally found two very talented, good people to work with.

I think she represents more then just this though, but I can't put my finger on it just yet, or maybe that's b/c she's still working on helping me manifest it.

Sage

Jewel

sagitarian said:
I think she represents more then just this though, but I can't put my finger on it just yet, or maybe that's b/c she's still working on helping me manifest it.
Perhaps she is orchestrating your entire week with the travelig deck and is going to be a part of all of your experiences (close to you) for the entire week ... just a nice thought.