Beginning With Oracles!

Shushu

Hopefully, I am not sounding like every beginner thread on here (I have read some already!), but what are people's opinions on the Isis Oracle Deck (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...oliid=IH7XAYRUQBMVQ&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl) and the Wisdom of the Oracle Deck (http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Oracle...64103439&sr=1-1&keywords=wisdom+of+the+oracle).
As a Tarot reader, I have heard some people say that Oracle decks can be fluffy and a little unbalanced, so to say- too much positive messages but not many negative/constructive. Are these two decks quite balanced?

I do channel through Isis a lot, having actually studied Ancient Egyptian History I relate to her plenty, and the Wisdom of the Oracle seems beautiful and whimsical as well. Anyone have any experiences?

Espeon

I own a copy of the Isis Oracle, but not the Wisdom of the Oracle. I can definitely say that the Isis is one of my favorites. The art is beautiful, and it works great for single card readings. It's uplifting without being fluffy too.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Esk

I have the wisdom of the oracle. I can't make any comparison with other decks because it's my only oracle.
I agree with what you have been told, this oracle is mostly about good things and encouraging speeches, but i think it's the case of lot of oracles. But there is also "bad" cards in this deck too. For example "The orphaned" make me think about the 5 of pentacles. Or the "Not for you" card is a clear "give up on that and don't even try again". But the interpretation of the cards presented in the book tend to be hopeful and encouraging. It can be seen as sugar coating sometimes. But if you look for comfort it is great and can be helpful too, and i think there is more to this deck than fluffy things. If you don't like this aspect i guess it's up to you to take over the deck and digress a little from the book if you feel the need to.
I really like this oracle and the cards can give you very insightful advices! It has helped me putting things in perspectives and sometimes gave me clearer answer than tarot cards. Overall i'd say that yes, the messages of this oracle are mostly positive but they are also constructive.

I've opened a thread where i offer short reading with this deck. Feel free to ask a question if you want to have an idea of how to read with it. But i must warn you that i'm a newbie

reall

don't have any of these two but had to link free pdf guidebok for my oracle deck!:)) as it's meant for beginners!^^ lolz hope you like it n find it useful!^^:))
http://fav.me/d9sqzk0

Shushu

I own a copy of the Isis Oracle, but not the Wisdom of the Oracle. I can definitely say that the Isis is one of my favorites. The art is beautiful, and it works great for single card readings. It's uplifting without being fluffy too.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for that! Now I have made my mind up to get it. What would be your thoughts on learning two things at once? I am still learning here and there about mastering the tarot, but I'll be learning this too.

I have the wisdom of the oracle. I can't make any comparison with other decks because it's my only oracle.
I agree with what you have been told, this oracle is mostly about good things and encouraging speeches, but i think it's the case of lot of oracles. But there is also "bad" cards in this deck too. For example "The orphaned" make me think about the 5 of pentacles. Or the "Not for you" card is a clear "give up on that and don't even try again". But the interpretation of the cards presented in the book tend to be hopeful and encouraging. It can be seen as sugar coating sometimes. But if you look for comfort it is great and can be helpful too, and i think there is more to this deck than fluffy things. If you don't like this aspect i guess it's up to you to take over the deck and digress a little from the book if you feel the need to.
I really like this oracle and the cards can give you very insightful advices! It has helped me putting things in perspectives and sometimes gave me clearer answer than tarot cards. Overall i'd say that yes, the messages of this oracle are mostly positive but they are also constructive.

I've opened a thread where i offer short reading with this deck. Feel free to ask a question if you want to have an idea of how to read with it. But i must warn you that i'm a newbie

Oh, it's good to see there are 'bad' cards that can also balance the deck, but I see what you mean about it being insightful advice, and more of an inner workings, rather than very complex like the tarot. It did seem quite encouraging, but I would not mind if it is balanced like this, I am happy to try it out! I will get this oracle as well. Do you have any advice for someone learning oracle decks for the first time?

I'll contact you for a reading soon!

Also, thanks reall for the guidebook, I'm reading through it now!

andromedastarseed

Shushu

http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Avalon...146183&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=wisdon+og+avalon Her Wisdom of Avalon deck to be like a tarot deck. I think you'd like it. I really like the Enchanted Map.http://www.amazon.com/Enchanted-Map..._14_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R59AH1DP0YJRWAVR9MD That deck and The Wisdom of the Hidden Realms also has reversed cards. http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Hidden..._UL160_SR112,160_&refRID=1FH4Y85VXKMBERH91GQE And I really like the art in the decks. It's gorgeous

Oh they look quite nice! The Wisdom of the Oracle attracted me because if its art style first and foremost but I will research these two other decks. But the Desert Prince though ;)

Espeon

Thanks very much for that! Now I have made my mind up to get it. What would be your thoughts on learning two things at once? I am still learning here and there about mastering the tarot, but I'll be learning this too.

That's great! I'm sure you'll learn a lot from the Isis Oracle. I know I have. [emoji4] I don't see any problem with learning a couple different oracles at once. It might be helpful to keep a journal specifically for learning the cards. Have fun!

Shushu

That's great! I'm sure you'll learn a lot from the Isis Oracle. I know I have. [emoji4] I don't see any problem with learning a couple different oracles at once. It might be helpful to keep a journal specifically for learning the cards. Have fun!

Thank you! I ordered them both already and I'm already excited to receive them...do you have any tips about the Isis Oracle Deck?
I may keep a journal about it, maybe a written or a typed one, so I could work faster. I also find it hard to read my own handwriting!

Espeon

Thank you! I ordered them both already and I'm already excited to receive them...do you have any tips about the Isis Oracle Deck?
I may keep a journal about it, maybe a written or a typed one, so I could work faster. I also find it hard to read my own handwriting!
Haha, I totally understand the handwriting struggle! I like to "journal" my readings digitally. I photograph them and use a photo-editing app to add text for each card. My folder of those images is my journal of sorts.

As for advice about the Isis Oracle specifically? Be patient when starting out with it. There's a lot of background symbolism that went over my head when I first got the deck. Take your time to ponder the cards and really study them. [emoji326]