The Sun clarified by the 6 of Pents?

Midsummereve

Hello all,

I am trying to understand what the Sun can mean, as someone's thoughts for another. The Sun was clarified by the 6 of Pentacles. Rider Waite deck.

Power seems to be the one thing that the 2 cards have in common, the Sun, giver or light and heat, without which nothing could grow, powerful indeed. The 6 of pentacles is also about power, someone's power over someone else.

Positives: warm, generous relationship
Negatives: unbalanced relationship (3 people on the card of the 6 of pentacles); power struggle maybe?

Any thoughts on the positives and negatives for this card combination would be appreciated!

Laurelle

Both the Sun and the 6 of Pentacles are givers. Perhaps this person thinks of you as a giver. Perhaps nurturing also comes up.

Does that seem to fit?

Grizabella

The 6 of Pentacles says the power lies in financial matters, I think. The power someone has over this person is in financial matters and this could apply to someone who is providing material support for the other person. His or her whole live revolves around this person and all his or her material needs are provided by this person as well.

Midsummereve

Both the Sun and the 6 of Pentacles are givers. Perhaps this person thinks of you as a giver. Perhaps nurturing also comes up.

Does that seem to fit?

Hey Laurelle,

Could be. The word "generous" came to my mind, the sun gives generously and to all.

Can you think of any negatives?

Midsummereve

The 6 of Pentacles says the power lies in financial matters, I think. The power someone has over this person is in financial matters and this could apply to someone who is providing material support for the other person. His or her whole live revolves around this person and all his or her material needs are provided by this person as well.

Hey Griz :)

Right, like the rich merchant doling out money here.
The quint for the reading was the Wheel of Fortune, if that adds anything to a possible interp here... The overall tone of the reading was a little negative, which is why I'm trying to get both positive and negative interpretations for the Sun + 6 of Pentacles...

PAMUYA

Feelings: Sun, is the center of the solor system, every thing within its reach revolves around it.
Six of pents to clarify could mean, giver of life/love/security, or the one who controls those who are dependent, or the dependent who has to be the center of it all.

Puffette

so to make it clear when someone feels the sun for you it means you are the most important person in his life? like the only one who can give them light?

Midsummereve

Feelings: Sun, is the center of the solor system, every thing within its reach revolves around it.
Six of pents to clarify could mean, giver of life/love/security, or the one who controls those who are dependent, or the dependent who has to be the center of it all.

Hello Pam and thank you for this.

There is definitely a power struggle going on there, so I think that the "one who controls those who are dependent" might fit really well.

Thanks for your input!