The Heart of Faerie

faunabay

Satori said:
The new deck is...a fresh perspective. This may sound weird, but the Faeries Oracle is a little bit country and this deck is a little bit Rock and Roll! Like the country cousin just introduced us to the city fae! Because of the addition of the court this deck feels glammed up a bit. Not to mention the colors. I love the colors and I love the sense that the human world is visible in this deck.

There is an underlying structure that tells you this is a similar landscape to the FO, but this is a different level of the society, and you feel it. Not to say all fae are equal here, you see the difference but there is a definite recognizable quality and you are oriented because of your association with FO.
I love this explanation. I can definitely see what you mean Satori. This deck IS glammed up a bit from the original fae....kind of like the country cousins vs. the city fae! You're right on!!!

cardlady22

And these comments clinch it for me! Ordered both sets together! :laugh:

faunabay

cardlady22 said:
And these comments clinch it for me! Ordered both sets together! :laugh:
OH! You didn't have the original one either?

Oh honey are you in for a treat......well at least your life will be turned upside down that is! })

cardlady22

Oh, I did have a set, cobbled separately. I passed it on because I knew I could grab another if this 2nd one really got under my skin. I even have a brand new corner-rounder sitting here. }) My thumb might be crippled afterward, but I'm sure they'll take my mind off it. :laugh:

faunabay

:confused: Both of these decks already have the corners rounded????

Are you thinking of the Fairy Pack? That's the one that has square corners where I had to round them.

cardlady22

No, it's just the deck I had needed it redone in some areas, so I took a whack at them all to make sure the depth was the same. But yes, I did the Fairy Pack too.

ETA: Both Froud's are the same size, yes? Post #5 Thanks!

faunabay

OH! Ok, you had me confuzzled. LOL

Yes, they're the exact same size as the original.

cardlady22

:eek: Just realized that I may need to send a corner-rounder to the person I traded with for if she gets the 2nd as well!

OH! And the larger bag I just got from minrice will have to be for the double Froud deck!

Mi-Shell

Satori said:
13 The Speaker of Truth. Knock me down with a feather they put Mi-Shell in the deck! I look at this card and all I can see is Mi-Shell. And I mean this in a very good way. No one speaks the truth like Mi-Shell....just wanted to clarify that.

Oooooh my goodness!
Satori, you are right! this one has my facial features! The high cheekbones and my eyes are not quite as slanted, but yes. the mouth is dead on. I wish he/ she had a little smile and would not look down quite ...?"sostoic"
Now with the truth saying... sometimes that is not an easy road...
I wish this Fairy good luck! :)

DragonFae

Have only had a quick look through the deck...it jsut arrived today....BUT so far I am happy with it....some similar looking faeries as in the original deck but mostly new and even the simliar ones are different....haven't really read anything in the book other than skimming through looking for reference to the three un numbered un titled cards...so far they are a mystery to me...Later tonight....I hope to have some time to really look at the cards...and pick fave, least fave etc...like with the first deck...