A general spread, any ideas?

aibhlin

So, I'm a little sick of the celtic cross. It certenly serves it's purpose, but it's a little like the RWS, sometimes it's a little... dull (don't get me wrong, I love my RWS but it's, you know... the RWS). Back to the cross, I do like it but I'd like a general spread which is as good as the cross but a little more exciting. My creative nerve has been completly clogged up lately so I can't figure one out for myself, and I tried browsing the index but nothing seemed to be what I was looking for really... So, if anyone has a spread they'd like to recomend I'd be insanely grateful!

Demon Goddess

aibhlin said:
So, I'm a little sick of the celtic cross. It certenly serves it's purpose, but it's a little like the RWS, sometimes it's a little... dull (don't get me wrong, I love my RWS but it's, you know... the RWS). Back to the cross, I do like it but I'd like a general spread which is as good as the cross but a little more exciting. My creative nerve has been completly clogged up lately so I can't figure one out for myself, and I tried browsing the index but nothing seemed to be what I was looking for really... So, if anyone has a spread they'd like to recomend I'd be insanely grateful!

I don't know if you've seen the double Horsehoe Spread, but I was looking for a substitute for the celtic cross and started using it for general purposes. I found it to be rather informative.

If you spread them all face down, then turn them up starting with present, then past, then the rest in sequence, it's a fun and informative spread.

here's the layout and meanings.

1X2XXX13X14
3X4XXX11X12
5X6XXX 9X10
XXX7X8XXX

1 & 2 represent the past
3 & 4 represent the present
5 & 6 represent your hopes and fears
7 & 8 represent the unknown
9 & 10 represent the gate
11 & 12 represent the near future
13 & 14 represent the far future.

I found it useful and now use it rather than the cross.

mahimaisme

for general readings, i don't use a specific spread.

i draw the first card, analyse it (it can mean the main issue, the self, the core etc, but often i just interpret it as a single card reading).

draw the second card to represent the general dynamics. if the two cards complement each other (eg water and earth), the situation is harmonious. if they oppose each other, it either turbulent or needs a little change. then i draw the next cards to see how and what to do about the situation.

i use elemental dignities to that adds depth to this interaction.

aibhlin

I'm gonna try the Horshoe spread next time I want to do a big reading for someone, thanks!

I'll try the two card intuitive reading for myself sometimes, I feel to insecure when reading for others to attempt readings such on this on their questions.

Thank you both