Robin Wood - Judgement 20

MeM

Rising from the flame is the Pheonix. Gives me the impression that a new life awaits or a different path. I feel very positive about this card.

Phoenix Rising

This is my favorite card. Where do you think I got my name? Phoenix Rising. yes a awakening, a wake up call, getting out of the slump, rebirth, re-generation. "I don't need to listen to you sort of attitude"

annik

I like the idea of the cauldron where the woman and the pheonix are coming out. It makes sound regeneration as a recipe. And the result of that recipe is always good, whatever we put in it.

Qofcups

Just got my RW deck, and brand new to the forum

I think it is very interstesting that you are discussing this card at this moment. I have been getting this card very frequently in my recent readings. It is a positive card, she is rising, not sinking, or maybe she is suspended, expecting to rise. The peonix looks stern, perhaps he isn't quite sure. I feel like I am missing something with this card, though. Looking forward to hearing other people's insight.

Catpaw

The essence of this card to me is that everyone wins who learns from life's lessons - rebirth is the result, not punishment (as in call to final judgement and sentencing to heaven or hell).

I like the fact that the woman appears youthful and strong although she has white hair - a sign of age. She has gained much strength and wisdom from her life lessons, spiritual growth.

Her hands are in the sign language of love as in "I love you." the fires of purification have transformed her (as in the phoenix) and calmed her spirit so she is wiser and stronger than ever.

Remember in the movie Harry Potter, the phoenix flamed and became ashes and then was reborn; its tears were healing. It was also red, the color of courage.

The beams of light behind the woman indicated illumination/enlightenment radiating from her soul/heart.

Qofcups

THis card came up in a recent reading I did for a friend. I used a horseshoe spread weighing two options (found in Tarot in Ten Minutes). Judgement came up as the basis of one option. I took it as coming clean in this reading. She is emerging in a new light. Interestingly, the querrent was considering revealing to her employers that she has been going to school to change her career, they knew she was going but were unaware that her courses were in a different field. She now needs to decide if she should tell them so she can see if they can make accomodations while she does her field work, or if she should just leave the job and focus all of her energy to her field experience. I found it interesting that this card appeared as one option, and the fool appeared as the other.

satinangel

I am still very new in the study of Tarot.

This card to me, represents a change or re-birth...the end of an era or cycle. An important decision has been made reaching a beneficial conclusion.

In the rev. position I see this as an unwelcome change, remorse or regret. Possibly avoiding an important decision or avoiding an obligation.

satinangel

tarotbear

In the Judgement card, Robin Wood wanted to 'remove' the heavy, Christian atmosphere of the Judgement card ~ Gabriel blowing his horn to raise the dead on Judgement Day. The woman rises out of the cauldron and spells out 'I Love You' in American Sign Language shorthand to show her great love for everyone.

This is an example where Robin Wood kept the name of the card in spite of the fact that the concept of Judgement has no place in her worldview.

satinangel

Tarotbear...thank you for sharing the information in your post above...makes sense to me!

Your post makes me think of unconditional love...no room for judging someone else just loving...anyone else feel that way??

satinangel

CelticGirl

tarotbear said:
In the Judgement card, Robin Wood wanted to 'remove' the heavy, Christian atmosphere of the Judgement card ~ Gabriel blowing his horn to raise the dead on Judgement Day. The woman rises out of the cauldron and spells out 'I Love You' in American Sign Language shorthand to show her great love for everyone.

This is an example where Robin Wood kept the name of the card in spite of the fact that the concept of Judgement has no place in her worldview.

Thank you for this.... because of the Phoenix, my view of the card, other people's comments and according to the small booklet that comes with the RW deck, etc... I was wondering how "Judgement" came into play on this card.

It's been a very long time since I have used my Rider-Waite deck, so when I read your post I had to pull it out and compare. This is one of the main reasons the Robin Wood deck has grabbed my attention, it is more Pagan based. :)