Looking forward to the WILD Kuan Yin Oracle!

The Happy Squirrel

Of course I can't buy this unless I can figure out which Tarot deck in my collection it would work well with. So far I'm not coming up with much. Perhaps the RoA, Ancestral Path, maybe Vision Quest and a few others but nothing that says, yes, perfect fit! Hmm...

Hm I have been thinking about this since I saw your post this beautiful Sunday winter morning here.....

You know, now you got me thinking about this for myself. I am now thinking of Orbifold Tarot or there is another minimalist tarot that came out lately the name of which I can't remember.....

The Happy Squirrel

Of course I can't buy this unless I can figure out which Tarot deck in my collection it would work well with. So far I'm not coming up with much. Perhaps the RoA, Ancestral Path, maybe Vision Quest and a few others but nothing that says, yes, perfect fit! Hmm...

The Locus Tarot! Is the name of the other minimalist deck that feels similar in concept to the Orbifold :)

OR! If you have Ostara Tarot maybe?? :D I missed out on Ostara myself ....

Essjay

Beautiful artwork - I've preordered! There are a LOT of yaks but they're kind of lovely in a furry way!

The Happy Squirrel

Yay! Share what you think when you get it?

The Happy Squirrel

Will do! I think Amazon said October so AGES!!

Oh wow that is a long wait. I wonder if Blue Angel ship out that way. I think mine is on its way. Will report back :)

Essjay

Oh wow that is a long wait. I wonder if Blue Angel ship out that way. I think mine is on its way. Will report back :)

Ooh - yes, let me know. I think the UK release dates for Blue Angel decks is always late.

The Happy Squirrel

Mine finally arrived today. All I can say is that I wish I had not seen the original painting as showed online. A huge part of this artwork is the colour. And a huge part of any printed art is the level of image resolution..... Having said that, even if I had not seen the depiction of the original artwork online, I suspect I will still be disappointed at the quality of the image printed on this deck.

I also think that Alana Fairchild might not be my first stop for these types of cards. The book looks extensive, but I can't connect with its content, at all.

No more buying reading decks just for the artwork.....

MissChiff

A nude Kuan Yin is bothersome for me. I guess I've always been drawn to her because she seems a benevolent Mother figure to me...long robes... You know the works..

The Happy Squirrel

A nude Kuan Yin is bothersome for me. I guess I've always been drawn to her because she seems a benevolent Mother figure to me...long robes... You know the works..

That is because real depictions of her that I know of have never been nude. That is a bit like using the Virgin Mary, who is a powerful feminine figure don't get me wrong, as a mean to dig out your inner sensuality. Those so called nude Kuan Yins aren't actually depictions of The Goddess. So there is that.