New deck coming out from Lucy Cavendish

AJ

Gorgeous art work indeed. But I love using oracles, and I can't see a stack of portraits telling me anything.

Tigerangel

I love Lucy's decks, and her guide books for the cards I find are really in depth, my favorite I have just now is her Oracle of the Dragonfae, I will defiantly need to add this my Oracle collection :)

MoonGypsy

Gorgeous art work indeed. But I love using oracles, and I can't see a stack of portraits telling me anything.

i hear ya, AJ...i love using good meaty working oracles too...but occasionally i will get one just for
the art. This might be one of those...;) And i do enjoy Lucy C's writing...

Celtictarot

I thought the same about tarot of the Hidden realm!

Serenia

Phew! Reading the title of the thread I was afraid I'd "have" to buy this one, too, since I own (and love) nearly all of Lucy Cavendish's previous decks. But: I'm relieved to say that this deck isn't for me. The artwork is really beautiful and I believe the artist to be very talented, but it just looks a bit too perfect to me, if that makes sense.

I have way too many decks already, so I'm really happy about every new deck that is not going on my wishlist! :)

lalalibra

I saw this thread last night, and I was so excited because I had read before that Lucy Cavendish was making another faery deck with a different artist than Selena Fenech. I wasn't expecting to be able to see the preview so soon.

And then my initial impression last night was that the artwork is really beautiful, but I'm also unsure whether or not it's a deck I'd actually want to read with... and I really thought maybe I'll let this one pass me by.

Looking at it again, however, it's as if it has grown on me overnight. It's looking increasingly irresistible...! Yes, I think they've drawn me in? I may have to get this one. Time will tell though. I really want to see some other images, and maybe wait for others' impressions once it's released.

I do trust Lucy Cavendish to make an excellent faery deck though, since I've loved the Wild Wisdom of the Faery. I hope the guidebook will be as good as some of her other guidebooks; hopefully she didn't have to rush with it at all. WWoF seemed to be written with so much care and attention, and every card seemed to have so many layers...

Luna's Crone

portraits

You won't know if they are trying to tell you anything unless you listen.

On occasion I will hear what a card maybe trying to say. As a matter of fact it happened two days in a row. yesterday and today. But i wan't really listening yesterday until I drew todays card and both there messages where loud and clear. I didn't have to try and read them cuz they where already telling me. So they did not act as triggers. Yesterday I didn't jounal on that card because it didn't trigger anything. Today i did journal specifically about those two cards and what they meant.

Cards just baffle me, I am not good a reading, so I journal with them using them as a trigger cuz i can't journal without a trigger. I lose interest to fast without one.

lalalibra

Faery Forest

A couple videos are starting to surface of this deck up on YouTube (one from Lucy Cavendish herself)... And I have to say that while I do not necessarily love every card I've been able to catch a glimpse of, I am somehow still feeling so drawn into this deck. I know it's the energy. There are many images I saw that I do love though, and some that are very unique... I think I will probably end up purchasing it, but if so, I'll wait until it's available closer to home... I mean, I'm still not 100% sure if I will get it (or so I tell myself), but there's just something about it that tells me I need to experience it for myself (so yes, most likely). And I resonate with the intentions that Lucy Cavendish described behind the creation of this deck. Oh, I think I really have just convinced myself!!!! I quite possibly need this deck. There is just something about it...