short term oracles???

faunabay

Has anyone else had this happen? You buy an oracle deck (or tarot) use it for awhile getting great information - stuff you really need to know. It's just perfect!!

But then you're done with it.

It's like you only got it for that one piece of information (or short amount of time in your life) and that was it. Now it wasn't a conscious decision to buy it for that specific information or that small amount of time. But it just seems to work out that way.

Or is it just me this happens to???? :laugh: Which very possibly could be!! I always seem to be the strange one who does different things. :D

Furnacechant

Yes, that's usually what seems to happen to me...Occasionally they become useful again, and I'm getting better at being able to read whatever it is I have handy to work with, but almost always the first few readings with any deck or new tool are the best for me.

HearthCricket

I wouldn't say that I am actually done with it, but that it has almost reached its limits, for a while, and needs to be temporarily retired, while I move on to another oracle. Some I can work with for months on end and never exhaust and others burn out quicker. And it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the number of cards or even the style of deck. Some just work better for me, or rather longer for me, the Madame Endora being the best one, so far, and perhaps Lenormand and I-Ching being next. And the Spirit of the Wheel. Some are more multi-layered than others and that seems to make all the difference in the world.

I can work with a tarot deck longer, but the same sort of happens to me with tarot,too, which is why I can only do a One Deck Wonder for a limited amount of time. Then I just feel its energy being drained and when I start working with a new deck there is so much fire within it and a million voices just waiting to say something! This is why I do think it is good to have more than one deck to Tarot/Oracle with! :)

faunabay

Well this doesn't happen with all my oracles. Some have been going strong for years. :) I've just found quite a few lately that have done this - started extremely strong then....nothing.

The Oracle of the Grail Code is one. If you noticed it a started a thread about a meditation I did with this deck that was amazing!!! Now I don't want to pull it out at all. I still plan on keeping it to see if it "comes back" for me, but who knows.

I was just curious to see if this happens with others too. Thanks for letting me know it's not just me! :D

bershka

Aaahhhh, I can relate to that!

For a short period of time, I was using so much "Goddess Divine" but now I rarely use it because the angels and faeries came into my life :laugh:

Every now and then, I talk to the goddesses who were once part of Atlantis though....

Jewel

Well since I am usually a beneficiary of Faunabay's short term loves, I can't say I see it as something to be concered with ~chuckles~

MareSaturni

It happened to me and the 'Phoenix Cards' by Susan Sheppard. Did the reading - it was great. Very deep. And that's it. Time to release it back into the universe and allow it to help a fellow soul out there :)

ravenwynter

faunabay said:
Has anyone else had this happen? You buy an oracle deck (or tarot) use it for awhile getting great information - stuff you really need to know. It's just perfect!!

But then you're done with it.

It's like you only got it for that one piece of information (or short amount of time in your life) and that was it. Now it wasn't a conscious decision to buy it for that specific information or that small amount of time. But it just seems to work out that way.

Or is it just me this happens to???? :laugh: Which very possibly could be!! I always seem to be the strange one who does different things. :D

oh yes it's happened a few times.. actually probably more than a few... its the reason I am cleaning out my collection ..they need to go to homes that need them since they no longer speak to me **sigh**

Aulruna

No, doesn't usually happen with me.

There are some I don't connect with at all or some where I think they don't work for me initially ... but once I an oracle works well for me, it does continue to do so. Never had a burnout or anything even remotely like it.

I only did one reading for myself with the Phoenix cards - but it's the nature of that system that you can't do many readings for the same person with them. I still use them for others and they are still performing great.