Gustave Dore Bible Tarot

Moonchild

Later . . .

Five years later, I am reading this thread. I can truthfully say, Pyroskin AI are crooks, and I have the court documents to prove it. In May 2013, the Ukraine court ordered the infringer to stop manufacturing and selling the Doré Bible Tarot, to remove the offer for sale from the web, and to pay compensation. None of these terms of the court have been met. The deck is still being sold with a new name (Great Bible Tarot) and a few different images (from other Doré works, not just Bible illustrations).

I obviously do not have the copyright on the images, but the deck is copyrighted as a compilation of images with a determined arrangement (similar to an art catalog, telephone book or compilation CD).

If anyone is still around and wanting the real deal, it's for sale now at: www.dorebibletarot.com. Thanks!

Stormdancer

Five years later, I am reading this thread. I can truthfully say, Pyroskin AI are crooks, and I have the court documents to prove it. In May 2013, the Ukraine court ordered the infringer to stop manufacturing and selling the Doré Bible Tarot, to remove the offer for sale from the web, and to pay compensation. None of these terms of the court have been met. The deck is still being sold with a new name (Great Bible Tarot) and a few different images (from other Doré works, not just Bible illustrations).

I obviously do not have the copyright on the images, but the deck is copyrighted as a compilation of images with a determined arrangement (similar to an art catalog, telephone book or compilation CD).

If anyone is still around and wanting the real deal, it's for sale now at: www.dorebibletarot.com. Thanks!
The a**holes are still at it? Sickening. Never mind I don't care. I'm just glad YOURS is now out. What a mess.

Oh...and again...note my avatar....SMITING the wussy "wolves"

Nemia

So, how are things going with this wonderfully-looking tarot deck that has been on my wishlist for too long...? For those who have it, how does it read? I'm really curious about this deck.

garmonbozia

There is a flood of what I presume to be bootlegged decks being sold from the Ukraine on eBay. They seem to be mostly out of print decks, and in mass quantities.

Same company perhaps? Or is just bootlegging tarot decks in Ukraine a common thing?

gregory

There is a flood of what I presume to be bootlegged decks being sold from the Ukraine on eBay. They seem to be mostly out of print decks, and in mass quantities.

Same company perhaps? Or is just bootlegging tarot decks in Ukraine a common thing?
Sadly it is a very common thing - but I bet it is the same lot.

nisaba

I have Dore's series of illustrations to Don Quixote, intricate monochrome line-drawings showing *very* dilapidated rider and horse going through the story.

If the deck is in a similar style, I lust for it ...

Nemia

I was talking about Moonchild's deck - I think it's horrible they still sell that bootleg, and I hope nobody buys it!

gregory

I have Dore's series of illustrations to Don Quixote, intricate monochrome line-drawings showing *very* dilapidated rider and horse going through the story.

If the deck is in a similar style, I lust for it ...
It is; you do :)

Alta

And back to the main discussion.....